Witten Returns To The Cowboys

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JayVols, Feb 28, 2019.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Jason Witten has left his ESPN MNF job after signing a 1 year $3 million contract with Dallas.

He said the competitive fire inside him still burned too hot to stay away. Some are saying this may also be a stepping stone for a coaching career. Not sure how another year would do that after 15 years in the NFL as one of the greatest TEs in the history of the game, but if they say so.

Love this guy & wish him well. Would be nice to see one of the truly good & decent guys in sports get a ring.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He wasn't exactly a natural in the booth either, this is probably a win-win for everyone involved.

TennTradition likes this.
  3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

That’s putting it nicely

4. JayVols

Witten is truly a stand-up guy. I coached under his uncle, so I've had my fair share of contact with the man. I also coached against him when he was in high school.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I've had the pleasure of being involved with his foundation, particularly his Tx bowling event and yearly camps in east tn. One of the best guys I've met and came from a pretty tough parent situation.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

But how's the Advocare business going?

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think this is a smart segue to primarily explain moving Witt out of the broadcast booth, tbh.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Or Witten was tired of drawing on his bank account and decided to make more money.

JayVols likes this.
  9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

He’s probably making less money though, right? Or at least the difference is small.

10. JayVols

Witten is tighter than [penis]'s hat band.

justingroves likes this.