Wonder Just How Ugly This Could Get...

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by NYY, Sep 27, 2012.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

By the way, first time I've logged on not on Tapatalk in some time and just now saw my new avatar. That's funny as ****.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm not sure what people expect an AD to do.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I just know how the court of public opinion works around UT. Especially with that damned Lady Vols program. And with one of their minions crying discrimination and demanding sensitivity training, I could see it getting ugly.

The lady should be damn grateful for all the paychecks she stole over the years.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The Summit Mafia better be real careful. The last thing they want is someone pulling back the curtain on how their operation was run.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Seeing both the title, and that NYYVol was the OP, I could've sworn that this thread was going to be about his recent experiences on Ancestry.com.

Go figure.

But as to the actual subject, however surprising:

I'm not sure what all is entailed in the, "Lady Vols Media Director" position, but I assume that it's someone who has to be both really good at doing a spot-on Pat Summit signature, and who is charged with dumping a wheelbarrow full of tickets at every rest home and gay bar in Knoxville before each home game.

Being dead weight on a program should get you shown the door, whether you're a man, woman, old, young, fat, skinny, Republican, Democrat, Jew, atheist, etc. etc.

She's got a steep climb to prove this, and is looking for a settlement, IMO.

7. hatvol96

The only purpose of this lawsuit is to attempt to slander and embarrass Dave Hart.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I would think hiring a woman would undercut the accusation by Jennings that Hart needs some kind of sensitivity training.

9. Care to elaborate?

10. Tenacious D

Oh boy...

11. Tenacious D

And, for the record, I am absolutely opposed to even the existence of a "Lady Vols" logo, much less it's use.

We are Tennessee. All of us.

The argument that some make (Dearstone) that Tennessee would be "stupid" to get rid of a logo that they've "worked so hard to brand" fails to acknowledge that the money to support their operation came from the Power T side of the house, and while watering down its own brand in doing so.

It's simply the embodiment of their belief that they are somehow "outside" of our other programs, or better "beyond" them. Which is a difficult argument to make when you're sucking off the teet of the very thing you wish to be dissociated from.

I love Pat Summit and appreciate all that she did for the University and women's basketball, but overall, the department is healthier without her.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remember being very young and with the wisdom of a child, asking why the Lady Vols needed their own logo.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I would say the department is healthier without an unhealthy Pat Summitt.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And I'm not sure I understand how this isn't the obvious in this situation. CPS had to find the door or have it opened for her. Either way, she had to move on.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I think the baby blue looks better when crocheted than the traditional orange and white.

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

If they brought in their own money, it would make sense

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Release every one of the dumbasses emails. Good for Hart by the way.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The next dollar that women's (and I use women as liberal as possible) program brings in, will be its first.

20. hatvol96

Let's just say there were a whole bunch of people on the payroll based only on their "relationships" with those in charge.