Wonder Just How Ugly This Could Get...

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by NYY, Sep 27, 2012.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

If Tennessee misses out on a chance to fix the football program because women's basketball gets in the way, I'll probably believe that Tennessee is actually cursed.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I would say that is what happened. She is an old friend and convinced Pat to sign.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I just don't see any way Hart forces Pat out unless he didn't have much of a choice. There's simply no other reason to do so.

4. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

The really pathetic part is that no one in Pat's circle of friends/colleagues cared enough about her to sit down with her and explain that she was getting very close to completely embarrassing herself during a game or any other public appearance.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's pathetic that Jennings is bringing this up and using Summit as some kind of sympathetic figure when it has nothing to do with her. It's going to leave a big black eye on all involved if it doesn't go away.

The timing also sucks because it's 1) a bye week and 2) behind the scenes moves are being made to get a new football coach.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It needs to be gone. It's sexist and anachronistic. I'd love for someone to try and argue that with me.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't see how it's sexist, I just think it's stupid. This is the University of Tennessee and there's one logo everyone knows, that's the big Power T.

8. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Not seeing how it's sexist when it seems women are the one's that want to keep it to separate their brand.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jennings is a terrible human being.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Such bull. Jennings needs to fall in a hole

11. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

That's crazy. I hope all these Lady Vol people get exposed.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

It puts an unnecessary dividing line on our athletes. Are all female graduates of UT Lady Alumni? No. Because that is ridiculous.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Something isn't racist, sexist, etc. because everyone in a given group doesn't like it. A black slave owner doesn't make American slavery not racist. A bunch of lesbians wanting their own private franchise tag doesn't make "Lady Vols" not sexist.

14. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Interesting comparison.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I intend to have this post tattooed somewhere on my body.

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Jennings needs her...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2012
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/359831-letter-from-uts-attorney-to-debby-jennings.html

Ha

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Laughed at each of the last two starkly-contrasted posts.

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I would have guessed you would go with the "separate but equal" argument.

20. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain