Word on the Street is Stokes Will Commit to UT...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by LawVol13, Dec 12, 2011.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Vol. Uno amigo.

2. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Who is OCI?

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Vol. Uno amigo.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Say what?

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Some douche that people on TOOS worship because he was vague and got something right once. Which kinda makes me wonder why they don't worship most of the people around these parts.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Making fun of OCI on VN.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

For those who know a lot about basketball, how much of an improvement do you think we'll see in the team with Stokes?

8. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

If CCM pulls this out of his ass.... I am sold on the guy 110%

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Not claiming to be an expert, but I think it helps us out significantly. Stokes would most likely play the 5 immediately. He's a big, strong bruiser that would give us a pretty tough frontline. That would help us tremendously given the incredible inconsistency of the backcourt. As far as wins and losses, I wouldn't be comfortable saying how much of a difference he makes, but from a competitiveness standpoint, he definitely helps us.

10. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

It would help Maymon the most IMO.... I am still iffy on Maymon (maybe he had a few lifetime games), but the guy has showed talent.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It depends on how quickly he catches on to the college game, obviously, but I said I think we are a 14-17 team as it stands. I think he could conceivably add 2-3 wins to that record.

12. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Your assessment is good except for a couple of things. Stokes wants to play the 4 or even the 3. He wanted to go to Southwind High this year because they have Jonathan Williams III that would play some 4 as well. He is not going to play the 5 despite what his measurements are. HEs got loads of skill and talent and as long as the offense gives him scoring options he will dominate them.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

He'll play the 5 at UT if he's in the game with Maymon. I'd bet the house on that. You can take advantage of those same skills with him at the 5.

14. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

Didn't Maymon also come to Tennessee because he didn't want to play the post - where they had him at Marquette

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

can we quit [unt cay]ing this thread with basketball talk and get back to food?

i eat a lot of shit that's meh. i just don't see it with Pal's. when i worked at Sear's in JC i seriously ate there every single day i was working. i should have long since tired of it. no sir.

as for Big Ed's, if i'm in Oak Ridge i can handle going there. but considering i haven't been to Oak Ridge in 4 years and god only knows how long before that, there about 475 places in Knoxville i'll try first, before i drive out there.

16. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Apparently the guy on toos is correct. Strange set of events but he might be on to something. Apologies for bad (or good depending on the take) info.

17. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I can tell you with absolute certainty that if the guy on TOOS was correct, it was by accident. Alumvol08 is my roommate and a law school buddy, we both concocted the story on TOOS to see how many people would buy it. The story was fiction; if it turned it to be right, that's just awesome.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Don't sweat it - good luck to anyone predicting what an 18-22 year old might do, at least with any accuracy.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Frye, don't worry about it. You don't peddle BS for e-cred, you just talk basketball and share what you know as you know it. That is appreciated and welcomed here.

Really, it just illustrates how easy it is to fake being an "insider" when some of our own can accidentally break a story that they initially made up.

20. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

This situation has turned strange. I don't know all the details but some things don't add up.