World Cup 2014

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Jun 11, 2014.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

It's already a powder keg down there. Throw in the home team losing the first game and I'm not sure whether or not the games continue.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It didn't help that the Croat keeper was apparently forced to play in leg irons

3. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member

What type of info are you guys seeing in the media re: protests and political unrest here? After the president of the worker's party (PT) was shown yesterday the crowd chanted for her to go **** herself. Brazil needs to win or have a very strong showing or things could get ugly here. There are protest and strikes and vandalism going on (not to they same degree yet as during the confed cup) and Brazil is still winning. If the team disappoints then things could get interesting here. A lot of success of the team is being tied to the PT and whether or not they will remain in power.

4. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Most everything I've read has made it out where the citizens weren't happy with things to being with and that they're even more upset with the costs associated with hosting the WC. In summary, civil unrest and it wouldn't take much to ignite something much bigger.

5. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member

yup, sounds right. Brazil is a real country of two halves. the middle class is a newer thing here for the longest time it was the super rich....a few middle wage earning types and then the lower class/service people. To give an idea. teaching private english class I make abour $35 in an hour.....the guy who does our yardwork makes that working from 9am to 4 or 5pm. And even though I make good money, I am not rich by standards here....

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Mexico has looked really really good

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The officiating is killing this world cup so far.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Spaniards are not men.

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Death to divers.

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Damn, that was pretty.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Amazing goal. The Spaniards are fish out of water, flopping all over the pitch. Disgraceful.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Wait until Monday, if Ghana goes ahead against us. They are the worst time wasters of anyone.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Ain't going to happen since we're going to win 74-0.

'Murica

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is my biggest gripe against FIFA. The Netherlands have outplayed Spain, but are tied 1-1 because of officiating keeping Spain in. All they have to do is fall at any contact, and they know they will eventually get calls. Not every time. But some times.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

YES.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Flood gates are open. Spain looks average.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Spain getting older, tired and with no real striker threat. People may not remember, but they didn't exactly blow the doors off the 2010 Cup, either. A lot of 1-0 wins.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The Dutch are my international team. Glad so see they showed up today.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Burn in hell, Spain. Die in flames like your economic future. You have no power in the Western Hemisphere.

[​IMG]