World Cup 2014

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Jun 11, 2014.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Netherlands on their way to scoring a TD.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Flops are Spain's offense. If the refs start realizing they are being made fools of, a solid squad can play with Spain. A great one can expose them.

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

How shit do you have to be to dive at this World Cup and not get a penalty called? Nice work Fernando Torres.

4. VB

VB Member

Bump

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Damn, just damn.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

C'mon, hang a TD on them.

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Was hoping Cameroon could get 5 so I could make some Maroon 5 jokes. Also, I hate Mexico. Sweet consolation prize though.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

This guy from 2 goals ago is a genius.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

You have to respect the Dutch being willing to not play it safe. They are playing to win and don't give a shit whose name is on the opposing jerseys.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

You said disappoint, not wear a dress and suck [Richards] in front of Sao Paulo traffic.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is the greatest header I have ever seen. Practically indefensible.

[​IMG]

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Chile has got to like their chances of getting out of group after seeing that.

14. VB

VB Member

I should clarify. By disappointment, I mean wear a dress and suck [Richards] in São Paulo traffic.

15. VB

VB Member

Spain has to win out. Absolutely can not draw with Chile

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am overreacting, but I wonder if Chile can really pee in their cheerios and keep them from advancing out of group play. Do you think that is really possible, or a longshot?

17. VB

VB Member

Chile is more than capable of a draw against Spain which would effectively eliminate the Spanish. Chile was my sleeper going into the tounrnament. Spain was my disappointment. Let's see if it works out.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Well I just got thru watching that beatdown on DVR. Sometimes I don't mind being wrong on a prediction. Also my top goalscorer might find himself with a match ban of some sort.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

Spain's Barcelona core is getting old. It's really benefited the national team to have those guys playing together all the time. The next generation is similarly talented but they're more spread out professionally as of now. That will bring them back to the pack IMO.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

I think Diego Costa actually gives them a striker presence they haven't had in a few years (at least on a good day). But you're right, the midfield that's carried them for so long has seen its best days.