World Cup 2014

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Jun 11, 2014.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'd be interested in catching some of that live somewhere if it's not too far away

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The Euro is usually on ESPN. I would imagine somebody big-time will pick up the English-language rights to the 2016 Copa America. Univision has the Spanish rights.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

They haven't decided the venues yet, but it looks like Orlando, Miami, New York, and DC are the cities east of the Mississippi who are being talked about as potential hosts.

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Orlando... Would be great for me.

5. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I agree.

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Thanks guy

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wow.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I still think a Quarterfinal with Argentina on ABC on a Saturday would have brought in between 40-50 million viewers, easy. Dammit, Wondolowski.

The question for me is, has MLS done anything to capitalize upon this interest or will they benefit in any material way? I saw that Seattle-Portland had 65,000 on Saturday. Unfortunately, it was at 10 PM and not much fan fare. I see, though, that the league is averaging about 19,000 in attendance, which is pretty good, but they really, really need a better TV deal.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

Maybe they're not after me, but I'm just not interested in MLS. That said, I wish it success.

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I may watch but I'm with you. I watch the Bundesliga.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Some of the MLS I have watched so far during and after the World Cup isn't all that bad. And I would love to support our home league now that it is getting a better TV deal starting next year.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

I'll watch the odd game here and there, heck, I go over and watch the Knoxville Force on occasion