Worley Expected To Be Named Starter

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanjo, Oct 24, 2011.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Better than Simms

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  2. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I think he should get some more touches. I know he's got ball control issues, but he should be able to work through that. He's an explosive player for sure.

3. chavisut

He's touched the ball since then hasn't he?

4. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Your avatar gives me the creeps...

5. chavisut

It's official. Also, Marcus Jackson is starting over Stone and Teague isn't in the two deep at corner.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

In both games since then.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What the hell? How do you go from #1 corner to not in the two deep that fast?

Trying to think who all is ahead of him.

Waggner
    Lanier
    Coleman
    ?

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I can understand the Teague move, but Jackson over Stone? Maybe he's quicker...I noticed we pulled the guards against Bama which is something we haven't done a lot of this season. I don't know if our guys are too slow for that or what but that's a pretty standard running play that we haven't been able to execute for some reason.

9. chavisut

Gordon

10. WM

WM Active Member

Teague needs to go back to WR.

11. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Waggner, Coleman, Lanier, Gordon or Wilks?

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I think that Jackson over Stone is both a move to go with someone doesn't feel rushed to get up for theblock, but it is also likely a result of an increased emphasis on the run against USCe. Jackson is a good option for the run, IMO.

13. Brinkley52

Brinkley52 The Patterson Prophecies

14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

The biggest thing that jumped out at regarding Worley is his ability to read the defense and know where to go with the ball. He has good accuracy in short to mid range passes but I'm not sure about his arm strength yet. I haven't really seen him throw a deep ball yet. That being said, on Saturday the short to mid-range passes is really all he needs to be concerned with. If we can keep the running game going and set Worley up for success I think we'll be fine.