worley isn't the answer

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 29, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I have defended Chaney because he can go a lot of ways with the formations and plays he's calling. He just never does and it's frustrating. His passing schemes are great, especially when you have two WRs that know what the hell they're doing (Moore and Jones last year, Hunter and Da'Rick this year) but the running game seems to be forgotten, which is bullshit.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I guess that's my point.

If you are playing D-1 football, you are going to have a good throw or two. The question is how many bad plays do you have? Worley just seemed to have a lot more than any of the others on that list.

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Its not so much that it has been forgotten, but it is so [uck fay]ing predictable. If I, not a defensive genius by any means, can tell you exactly what we are going to run, just by formation, then the playcalling is tremendously flawed, but this isnt something new with Chaney imo, it was a problem last year.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What's frustrating is he can go about 3 different ways with it and never does.

He changed it up a little bit against Bama and motioned Young or Neal into the backfield. Poole was then the FB and got a few quick hitters inside for positive gains. Now, branch off that. Fake it to Poole and toss it to the TB or run the reverse or PA off of it. That never happens.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've been waiting for a PA off of these motions for so long that I want to explode. There were times last year that if we would have ran it to a tight end off that jet sweep to Rogers that the TE could have crawled backwards into the endzone the safeties were biting so hard.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Michael Palardy is the answer. Dude's resume boasts a 100% completion percentage and a like a 20+ yard rushing average. Give him the ball.

7. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

Don't look for Worley to be checkin down...

8. Vader

Vader New Member

I would like to have seen how it affected his confidence and the play calling had Da'rick caught the pass that hit him in the [uck fay]ing hands.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Would have made a difference. D'Mo boosted Bray's confidence like no other last year. Probably would have allowed Worley to relax a little. At the same time, though, I don't see Worley as cool-brah as Bray, and probably wouldn't have gone out and just played backyard football, which is what Bray did a bit last year.

That pass that sailed on him with Da'rick in the endzone, and the perfectly thrown strike that Da'rick just let get through his hands was all the difference.

I don't know if it would have "won" the game, since we didn't really see USC play offense. I mean, Steve Spurrier came into Knoxville and beat us on the ground. Has that ever happened, ever?