Worley

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Jul 13, 2014.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Football rule #6524

NEVER block behind the play.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just don't get the sell-out label.

3. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

No, language.

Sorry, Eric.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
  4. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

hmmmmmm, interesting gif.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He sold out his team just to lay into a guy he'd been jawing with.

6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Ah, now I get it. In other words he's an idiot who lost his head during a critical part of the game and also apparently off the field so part of his reinstatement is demonstrating to the players and coaches that he can and will grow up and get his act together. The 'sell out' part was confusing.

7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Correct except his wasn't even a block but rather just taking an oportunistic shot at his opponent irregardless of the game situation.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Either/Or

9. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Tenny with the power!

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was on the other side of the field for that non-score. Didn't realize the blocking foul was so egregious.

11. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

Pigs are. . . well, pigs you know. Seriously, get over it. It's past and now time to see if the man has learned anything about team play. And that the team that truffles together, roots together.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  12. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Hopefully hgh as well

13. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Probably in the minority but I just don't think it takes a great QB for this offense to be successful. We'll find out this year though. I have way more concern about the defense than the offense. You see true freshman making big plays every single year at RB/WR but it's rare on the defensive side.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Great? Maybe not. Better than what we have seen out of our current group? Without question it has to be much better.

The defense has upgraded in talent across the board, much like the O in most spots. Im not sure we have staff requirements all the way through on that side of the ball to show it.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

This offense has some serious talent at WR,RB,and TE. Albeit young.

I think they have to upgrade the OL and QB talent tho or they ll waste the rest of skill talent.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know. The way the offensive line was used last year, talent didn't seem to be important.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Scheme can overcome talent to a degree. Zone blocking is more about athleticism than talent. If you've got a back like Hurd, the ol can look great by being average.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That being said, Thomas is going to start as a freshman and Jones and Stewart are studs. If Blair gets in shape, the ol will have 5 good starters for 2 years with depth building before graduation hits.

19. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Add in Richmond and I think we're actually in pretty good shape.