WoW Classic

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by fl0at_, Jun 9, 2019.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I doubt I play. I didn't like TBC the first time.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Man I loved BC, but the min/max nature of everything now is ruining games. Can't play a meme spec or deviate from the "optimum" build

4. NorrisAlan

I think TBC will see far less of this unless you are in some speed running guild. World buffs are all but gone and specs are far more balanced vs Vanilla.

5. cpninja

cpninja Member

TBC is the first real WoW memories I have...i'll go back in just for the nostalgia if nothing else. I doubt it'll be a fraction as hyped as the Classic launch but they'll probably get a month or two of sub fees out of me all the same

6. NorrisAlan

Anyone playing Classic TBC? I am enjoying the hell out of it.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

lol no

8. cpninja

cpninja Member

I resubbed for pre-patch and played a bit but dont have the time to really do anything in TBC proper. I'll probably give it another go in the fall/winter when I have more downtime

9. fl0at_

I didn't get into TBC the first time, and don't have the time to commit to it this time, so...

10. NorrisAlan

Activision-Blizzard (particularly the Blizzard portion):

[​IMG]

11. fl0at_

I haven't kept up, what's going on?

12. NorrisAlan

In short: a two year investigation has lead to a lawsuit by the state of California against the company for sexual harassment and work conditions. And the whole company seems in complete turmoil right now, with work on WoW pretty much coming to a standstill while this plays out.

Allegedly one woman at Blizzard committed suicide from the harassment.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

those problems have been an open secret in the game dev world for years, so I am sure the investigation is mining a whole seam of not good things.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. NorrisAlan

I warned my oldest son about it when he talked about getting into game development (like nearly every teenage nerd kid does). Just go into it with your eyes open, son, because it is a snake pit and a cesspool.

15. fl0at_

Is he artistic? Because game dev is basically art. There aren't too many coders.

16. NorrisAlan

He is, but doesn't follow it. It was just a boyhood fantasy, much like paleontologist or garbage man, that he outgrew. Well, I assume he has, as he has not brought it up in over a year. He did more research into the field and I think he realized it wasn't what he thought it would be. Much like I did with paleontology when I was a boy.