WoW Classic

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by fl0at_, Jun 9, 2019.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

What a cluster[uck fay]. They ended up opening a few more an hour ago so I hopped on Sulfuras. Not sure how populations are going to spread out so I hope that one will stay a healthy pop.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I got to level 8 on... some PvP server. Rattlegore?

3. fl0at_

I have a level 1 allly on... at this point, who cares. One of the new servers. Join me. It's the one without a queue.

4. fl0at_

This is getting comical. They opened 4 new servers last night.

So a buddy and I move for the second time, abandoning our others.

And now that one is full.

5. KyleAlexanderfan

Which? Sulfuras only had about a 1k-3k queue max yesterday. It was opened Monday night around 11pm.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Amazing to me the ratio of PvP to PvE servers. I guess most people prefer PvP.

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm really not sure why anyone would play PVE. Getting ganked sucks, but its part of it. Of course retail has all but killed world PVP so maybe I'm the one that's crazy.

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  8. NorrisAlan

I never liked the idea that someone else could consciously ruin my idea of fun. Some wanker parks his 60 undead edgelord rogue in Lakeshire and things he is awesome for killing 17th level toons is normally not my idea of fun.

That said, I am trying one of the rp-pvp servers for right now and if it turns out to be too much of a gankfest, I'll reroll to a trusty PvE server. I am too old to play with my head on a swivel.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

STV was brutal to level through back in the day. It forces people to team up and play together. There's also a ton of zones you can move to if one gets too difficult.

We had a buddy that demanded we play on a PVE server this round, we all told him to pound sand and rolled PVP again. There will be nights I rage quit because of the ganking, but that's the WoW I remember and I wouldn't play it any other way.

10. KyleAlexanderfan

STV fights were the best and worst memories from classic WoW. Rage inducing but still satisfying in the end.

There will be dishonorable kills so if they care about PVP rank they won’t be just ganking lowbies.

11. fl0at_

You don't get a DK on a player, just grey NPC.

12. fl0at_

Since you stop getting honor after like 3 kills (or 5?) the only people really camping someone is just griefing.

And PVP always has a PVP solution. Message folks and get your people to come help out. If you can't do that... time to answer some emails and take the dog for a walk.

13. fl0at_

We've jumped from Thalnos to Rattlegore to ... the new B word one. Not bigglesworth but other PvP one.

14. fl0at_

Blue post on forums just said that as of today, they have increased overall server population maximums to allow smaller queues.

So get ready for 25,000 active players on the heavy realms.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. NorrisAlan

This is a solution they are having to take, but when they remove layering, it is just going to make it that much more unbearable. Maybe if it is still giant, they can then assess again and offer free transfers off of the giant servers onto the other smaller ones.

16. cpninja

cpninja Member

Well after all the pre-launch warnings and now the crazy long queues, anyone stupid and/or stubborn enough to still be sticking with the highest pop servers deserve it IMO

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. KyleAlexanderfan

We rolled Thalnos at first. Then isntaquit when there’s was a massive spam of Portuguese in general char. Unofficial BR server apparently.

18. fl0at_

I'm a man dammit, not a teenager. If I want to come home from work and play WoW without having to first wash the dishes, and fold and put away clothes and change sheets I should get to.

I PAY FOR THIS!

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. fl0at_

1/6th of the way there. If the rest of the 5/6ths goes as well, I'm looking at a 60 in 5 months....

20. fl0at_

Rolling a mage is the worst thing I've ever done. Training spells is leaving me brooooke.