Writer32 Fired?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, May 29, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If true, I have finally found a single thing to love about baseball.

2. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

TJones story... they were playing Oakland and it was his scout. He called a friend on staff at Mich St and got their scout. He literally made copies of the scout and handed the players Michigan St's scout on Oakland.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I laughed. We just discussed this very thing during our summer workout today. Even down to a couple former players imitating me.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I sincerely hope they don't judge me on wins and losses. If they try, though, my AD doesn't want to see my momma mad.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Earning that six figure salary he commanded. Wonder how he ended up coaching local high school ball?

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Please note that was the first game we lost in the 10-11 year.

7. volwarrior33

volwarrior33 Member

Michigan State almost lost to them as well a few days before. Must have been a hell of a scouting report.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

So, he thinks quick on his feet, always striving for maximum efficiency of effort.

What?

9. volwarrior33

volwarrior33 Member

@mgriffith32 I am general assignment and will help on the desk

10. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Griff must have did something bad or really pissed someone off. It's not like KNS just now realized that he is a terrible journalist.

11. tripper

tripper Member

For you media people, what the hell does this mean. No more softball?

12. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

+1. That goes for the rest of this esoteric, skirt around the issue thread. Please enlighten those of us that are too dense, lacking connections, or don't care about this stuff other than the bottom line. Or in my case, all of the above. Just spell it out.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Desk means will he copy edit and answer phones, i.e. someone calls in a high school soccer match. He takes the dictation and puts it in a sports round-up for example. General assignment means just that... he could do everything from general news reporting and crime to covering the First Methodist Chili Cook-off. It is normally a demotion to get taken off a beat, but some want that. It gives you more regular hours and less travel.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I hate to see anyone get fired. Maybe this will point him in a direction career-wise that plays more to his strengths.

15. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

This does point out how tough the job market in the newspaper business has gotten. While I always was one of the first to rip Griffith, the guy does have a decent resume. Surprised he's been reduced to answering phones and covering bridal fairs.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The worst thing to happen to Griff was to get on radio and television. His persona overwhelmed his reporting and instinct. He was the only person in the Knoxville media to expose Trooper Taylor for a total fraud but no one wanted to listen to it because he had become so toxic.

17. hatvol96

Has anyone invited him to join here?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

You know, that might be interesting.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I endorse.

20. hatvol96

Ten D or Cardinal are probably the best candidates. He'll think I'm trying to set him up.