Yet another Butch bashing

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 29, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Ha, I played ball with the guy that wrote that. I was actually involved with the guys who started the site and intended to be a regular contributor but life got too busy. I'm glad to see their stuff is getting circulated. Last time I was involved we were getting UGA football players to retweet stuff for page views.

3. Ha

It’s almost like First Half Butch Jones says to himself “Hey, good work. Your job is done now the defense will take it from here

4. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

The third point in that article is the hammer on the nail.

Butch has made "comfort" hires instead of hiring quality sec coaches. Now we are stuck with a Big East level coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball. Butch's small comfort zone will be his undoing.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

His undoing is really the fact that he can't coach.

6. Tmac61

or hire coaches that can...

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Which legit coach would work for him? That was my question when we hired the guy and he lied about bringing the best staff in football. He brought Jancek, Bajak and Azzani. There aren't enough great coaches in the history of football to offset that crew to the point of making it mediocre.

8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I think his hiring of DeBord proved he isn't doing that.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Or that he isn't at all interested.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Hard to root for a team when you actually dislike the staff as people.

11. Tmac61

Much like Fulmer, I'd love to see Butch adopt the "CEO" style of coaching. Hire great coordinators, let them do their thing while he runs the program and recruits. Those are his strengths. He obviously isn't great at x's and o's or game management.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Fulmer abandoned that approach for his final decade and he sucked massively. He started in hyper conservative mode, then brought in people to coach. They took us to a title and left. He went to complete worthlessness.

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

He had a chance to hire Sanford or Canada and chose DeBord. That should tell you everything you need to know about him.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Would have been better served to keep a vacancy.

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

He also subscribed to Rivals to do his recruiting.