Yet another mass shooting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 8, 2018.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This troubles me deeply. At least 12 people, including a police officer, were killed in a bar in California.

What can we do? I am at a loss for this.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Step one is probably something along the lines of "stop being assholes to each other"

Butthole and justingroves like this.
  3. NorrisAlan

This isn't a fight that erupted, or a drug deal gone bad, as far as I am aware. He just walked in and started hosing people down. I get what you are saying, and I think it cures 90% of our ailments, but not sure it helps with these kinds of people.

Obviously one thing is to undo the worst thing Reagan did, and that was kill off the public mental institutions.

utvol0427 and IP like this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Helping vets and finding a way to treat ptsd would help some. Guy was known to be sick

Butthole, utvol0427 and emainvol like this.
  5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Hard to know the entire history of what's been said or done at that bar. Could have been one argument, could have been numerous.

And yes, he needed mental help.

6. NorrisAlan

This is a big concern with me. We have trained these guys to kill, put them in some shit situations and then simply dump them back into civilian life.

I think the military would greatly benefit from a 'detox and deprogramming' time period before people that have seen combat are put back into civilian life. Also, change the VA hospital crap to basically veterans insurance and let them go to any hospital and psychologist that they want.

Butthole, utvol0427 and GahLee like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Really hard to listen to the father of one of the victims

GahLee likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Is it true that some people at the club were also at the festival in Vegas?

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Mental illness is a very real thing. And also very different in a lot ways. Could definitely make some improvements there. Identifying and determining course of action are not easy in a lot of cases. Very few people mind being told they are crazy and then being restricted because of that. Makes it very difficult to identify sometimes until they pull off something like this.

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I saw the video, it was on mute, didn't hear a word he said. I could barely stand to watch more than a few seconds of it.

11. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Around 50 of them apparently. What kind of [uck fay]ing odds are those?

12. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Cue the Alex Jones community then, I guess. An extra layer of awfulness I'm sure someone will have to endure in addition to the traumatizing experience.

13. NorrisAlan

And that will be truly sad. Queue up the conspiracy nutjobs.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Both were country music venues. one attended by thousands. They aren't far apart. Sadly, conspiracy theorists will ignore all this

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

There will be pictures of similar looking people at both then claims of paid actors.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

His name was Cody Kauffman.
    He was the eldest son.
    He had just turned 22.
    He was looking to join the Army.

The last words his dad said to him were, “I love you, son.”

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I just don't want to watch that. It's unimaginable what he's going through.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

God damn, that is terrible. Only made it 42 seconds. Going to climb in bed with my son for the rest of the night.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That he is concious, upright, breathing and coherent is amazing, and well beyond my ability.

NYY likes this.
  20. NorrisAlan

18 people dead in Walmart in El Paso.

Edit: now reporting 19