Yet another mass shooting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So the firefighter should be charged with kidnapping? I'm not sure how that answers my question.

I don't disagree with the idea that you can't just actively detain someone without reason, but it's hard to see it as that black and white given the situation. Does the firefighter need to wait for the guy to kill someone before he's justified?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

no doubt in my mind

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The firefighter, janitor, doctor, non official capacity person has lots of options:

1. Call the right people
    2. Observe
    3. Act in self defense or defense of others, only.

Generally, that order is pretty easy to follow.

#3 answers the "wait question."

"Possibly" answers the kidnapping question. "Absolutely" if he pulled a weapon. But should be charged with assault with a deadly weapon as well, if so.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've got my concealed carry permit and I've usually got a pistol on me, but I don't ever flaunt it.

kmf600 likes this.
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm the same way. 99.99% of the time, no one knows I'm carrying. I've never found a situation where it would be necessary to open carry and feel like the guys who do are the type that feel the need to over compensate for other inadequacies or are trying to draw attention.

NorrisAlan, IP and justingroves like this.
  6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You understand what “concealed” means.

NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  7. fl0at_

Ironically, he doesn't, since Tennessee doesn't have a concealed carry permit.

Tennessee has a "handgun carry" permit.

8. fl0at_

I don't open carry. I have once, because I was coming off a range and had a shirt tucked in, and needed a drink from the store.

Beyond that... I don't even carry anymore.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I bought a 30-06 from Walmart. I paid for it at the sports counter, I couldn't buy bullets, then the guy held it while we walked to my truck. He put it in the truck and said bye. I never told him I had my .40 in my waist holster

justingroves likes this.
  10. Tenacious D

I didn’t mention anything about a permit.

A weapon can be “concealed”whether a person holds a “handgun permit” or not.

11. fl0at_

You didn't, he did. So your support of his knowledge of concealed carry is made ironic by the fact that Tennessee doesn't have concealed carry... regardless of how one chooses to carry.

12. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

This is where I am at. Spending the better part of my life around some sort of weapon on a daily basis, I just don’t give a flying flip.

Sounds like we share a midlife crossroads, Float. ;)

13. fl0at_

Let's be friends and hang out on the internet.

TheOrangeEmpire likes this.
  14. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

Girl, totally agree!

:D

15. Tenacious D

I didn’t mention his permit.

Or what Tennessee does it does not call it’s permit.

He said, “..I don’t flaunt it.” which I understood and still believe him to mean, “concealed”.

Hence my comment, and which (still) made no mention of his permit.

16. fl0at_

Let me keep it simple.

If someone says "I won!" And you say "Congratulations," and then a third party says "He didn't win."

You then responding to the third party and saying "I didn't say anything about him winning" seems to be a rather silly response to the third party.

17. Tenacious D

[​IMG]

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Excuse me, I have my carry permit, which is reciprocal with several other concealed carry permits and I always make sure my gun isn't visible.

19. Tenacious D

A “carry permit”, you say? You’re saying that Tennessee requires a license to carry things?

What sorts of things? Only legal things? What about illegal things? What about pot, does your “carry permit” cover that? How about a nuclear warhead? A Honduran infant? A transgender’s penis sling? A Qur’an - you making fun of Muslims carrying their book of faith?

You can’t carry Norris’ god because he’s too [uck fay]ing fat - what you got against fat people? Buddhists? Fat Buddhists?

How old do you need to be in order to carry things? You trying to say that older people can’t also carry things? What about minors, can they carry some things, but not other things? You advocating for a repeal of child labor laws?

Oh, and your hunting guns are never visible? You shoot ducks from a shotgun stuffed in your pants? Is that a euphemism for your penis? You saying you hate women? Ever been a part of a gang rape? I bet you also like to carry and drink a beer, too, Nazi.

Hopefully, he’ll “keep it simple” in explaining his gnostic-like knowledge to you.

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

You’d expect anything else from the resident pedantocrat?

fl0at_ likes this.