Yet another mass shooting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 8, 2018.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is where I believe AI could be effective. Find these sites and shut them down or alert authorities immediately so they can shut them down.

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Purely a logical guess here based on the info I was given via an extremely closely connected MNPD source I have who shared with me in essence the full contents of her manifesto: I think the "pending litigation" holding up this release likely stems from her father who apparently was very much accused by her in the manifesto of sexually molesting her throughout her entire childhood. Like apparently half of the entire manifesto harps on her dad ALLEGEDLY raping her as being the primary reason she evolved into a murderous lunatic. Seems highly reasonable to assume allegations as shameful as that would be something her father/family would most certainly sue over ever getting out.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We can do about anything in the world. Surely we can track and flag websites and posters. I mean I can’t discuss a beach or car or food with my wife without ads for them popping up on my phone. I can’t research a site without it being tracked and similar sites then popping up.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jesus.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

And I think that points to holding tech companies more accountable for the world they are creating. Not blaming them, just being accountable. They've connected us in ways that are wonderful and terrible. You can talk to your son face to face when he is 100 miles away. And a mentally disturbed person can look up your neighborhood from a bird's eye view and order arms.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The Allen Mall shooter was an incel. Start with monitoring those group sites.

7. Ssmiff

imo it’s more about privacy rights,etc that’s prevented more monitoring vs not enough people or the computer knowledge to do it. They should have the capacity to find every site in the world in a matter of minutes and flag names or words.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't want to be that guy, but I don't think you completely understand the magnitude of the internet if you truly believe this.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya I could find you 10 mentally disturbed twitter accounts in 10 minutes. They're infinite, and that is just twitter.

zehr27, justingroves and SetVol13 like this.
  10. Ssmiff

probably true. Also true you could be underestimating supercomputer ability. Do you really believe we are giving our best effort? Regular people find social media shit within minutes of these shootings. I don’t think we have a great plan or are doing our best and my guess is it has a great deal to do with red tape and legal shit. We can do the math to send ships to space. We can do the math to track words and phrases just like the Boston bomber was flagged for saying the word “jihad” on he phone. We just decided there was no threat. Nice effort.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is easy when you know who you are looking for. There are a lot of deranged accounts that lead to nothing. And I may think an account is deranged that another normal person does not and just thinks the person is a little eccentric.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I like how we can't do anything about guns because of the 2nd amendment, but 24/7 internet surveillance is seen as a no brainer despite that 1st amendment. FTR, we need aspects of both in addition to other things.

SetVol13, IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I was just thinking this very thing. The 2nd Amendment is sacrosanct, but 1st, 5th, and others are not for many people.

14. Ssmiff

Amendments written 100s of years ago need amended.

utvol0427 likes this.
  15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Trolls and out-of-context terms being taken literally are very much a thing too. I can only imagine how hard it may be for cops/tech companies to decipher what exactly is and isn't representative of a legitimately threatening message when having to sift through anything that one may reasonably deem on the surface as being the work of the "mentally disturbed".

I know Twitter for example under Dorsey publicly talked about how kids talking to each other online using violent terms within the context of "shooting/killing" each other over trivial stuff like the video games they were playing was heavily inundating the flagging system they relied on to help identify potentially harmful and threatening communications.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I could see it easily going off the rails, ya.

17. Ssmiff

Then have one computer which focuses on that shit and one that doesn’t. Geez do I have to think of everything?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean, ya, maybe you do. Because it seems like no one is doing anything.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If they start focusing on and monitoring internet accounts of the mentally unwell, this site will be nuked on day 1.

SetVol13, gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.