Yet another mass shooting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 8, 2018.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I don’t think that’s going to change. A lot of powerful people don’t want it to be fixed.

Now, most people would read that and say I was crazy, nobody wants to see innocent people gunned down for no reason. And I believe that is true. But the gun violence is only a symptom of the problem. Same as the opioid epidemic. Nobody wants to see people die of overdoses. That money though? Too good to give up, no matter the human costs.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya I don't think mental health care would solve it entirely, but it is telling that we aren't doing anything huge on that front while also blaming it.

3. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Yah, we're toast.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’ll hold down the fort

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think this is a valid argument.

6. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Seems relevant based on earlier conversation.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

What in the actual [uck fay] was he thinking when he said that?

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Oakland A's announcer sees nothing wrong with it.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Bob Huggins....

NorrisAlan and utvol0427 like this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Had twitter been a thing when we were in hihh school talking about GTA III....I would be on a watch list

ole_orange likes this.
  11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The mentally destabilizing hellfire we were forced to walk through from 2008-2021 should give us immunity from the watchful eye of Big Brother imo.

If none of us were inspired to ever commit a heinously violent crime as a result of the generational spanning mental torture induced by listening to Dooley’s shower etiquette lessons and watching Butch interpret his mystical charts on 4th and less an inch from pay-dirt, then it’s safe to presume at this point it’s highly unlikely any of us are capable of ever truly snapping mentally into a violent rampage.

justingroves, utvol0427 and VolDad like this.
  12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Your account would be shutdown immediately.

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The occasional GTA playing is a guilty pleasure of mine. Like sure, a video game based largely around the mass murdering of random civilians and the cops chasing you is beyond [uck fay]ed up if you think about the video game too deeply. And if I had young kids of my own currently they definitely would not be allowed to play GTA until they were well into their teenage years. Dark, inappropriate and disturbing on many levels. But damn not gonna lie, it's a fun ass video game.

Probably some dumb idealism out of me here: but I wish any potential real life mentally disturbed individual considering doing something evil could instead play a lil GTA as a therapeutic-esque means to release their pent up aggression instead of carrying out their derangement in a real life setting.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm a gun guy but if you've got to be 21 to buy a beer or a pack of cigarettes, you should probably be 21 to buy a semi automatic rifle .

SetVol13 and zehr27 like this.
  16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Fine with me, but that's when selective service and big boy prison should start as well.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe there is a middle ground where you need to have a sponsor before 21. These killers often could not get one.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I think at some point, in some way, parents have to be held liable for these shootings as well. Too many times we see stories of improperly secured guns, etc.

IP likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Better and more involved parents would prevent some of these for sure.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it would prevent most