Yet another mass shooting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 8, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It should be either 18 for everything or 21 for everything

NorrisAlan and warhammer like this.
  2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I don't mind a kid joining the military at 18. At least when you go in the military at 18, they train you on the safe and proper use of a weapon. And I don't recall them letting us cart it off base to the mall or church or etc.

I don't mind a 21 age limit for a civilian. I do think training and certification at any age is appropriate.

InVolNerable likes this.
  3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I like that idea. To be honest I think the only viable way to curb the problem is going all in on several “middle ground” type solutions. Sponsors. Ban or strictly regulate high capacity mags. Anything that will help. Americans aren’t going to give them up.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yeah, the signs at the gate where I used to work that rarely saw the "Days since last DUI" number top double digits for a lot of units tells me this is a bad idea.

Personally, I'd be more in favor of raising the enlistment age to 21. If you can't make good decisions, you can't make good decisions.

JudgmentVol likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Saw on news briefly that there’s a push for Mauricio Garcias attack to be a hate crime.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He dos not look like. what I have come to expect a mass shooter to look like...

[​IMG]

8. Ssmiff

Who is that?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Baltimore shooter, I presume from Voldad's remark. We're shooting down barriers this year. Not just white dudes anymore.

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Pretty sure that he’s the Philadelphia shooter.

11. Ssmiff

yeah A black trans gun toting republican trump supporter isn’t something you see everyday.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

341E4171-4095-4308-B3E8-A49CA846DB7C.jpeg

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Philly shooter - Being described as a cross dressing BLM activist

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Looks like a highly stable individual mentally on first glance.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Crazy and sad-yet entirely unsurprising-how there are an endless supply of people out there who identify on each side of the political spectrum who will gleefully use the supposed personal politics of a singular individual that has committed a heinous act as a means to condemn the entire POV of those they find themselves disagreeing with.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sorry, hard to keep up with them all.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeahhhh, the Baltimore one faded into the ether pretty quickly because it didn't fit the narrative. Oh well.

18. Ssmiff

gang shooting? Or could just be b on b. Those get shoved to the side fast. Doesn’t fit anybody’s current agenda to push that narrative. White supremacy will continue to be pushed as the black man’s worst enemy and horrible events like Baltimore need to be squashed so they can keep lying for votes.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay, after the Nashville shooting they've all gotten shoved aside pretty quick. Now if it doesn't involve the death of multiple young children it doesn't move the needle. Maybe someone will raise the bar and shoot up a petting zoo, allow the media to mix in some touching biopics about caring, gifted llamas and goats with hearts of gold along with people's children.

Seems like deaths of people just isn't interesting without an extra angle.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't think they know yet. I haven't been super plugged into all of it, but I read that one kid (17) had been arrested in relation to the event but not charged with homicide (yet?). Without knowing who the shooter is, no one can say for sure that it's black on black, but I know at least one of the people who died was a young black woman who had just graduated high school. I think the assumption is that it was a black on black incident.

A lot of people have been critical of the number of officers on patrol in the area that night, as well as their inability to handle crowds that I guess popped up after it happened? I read something about Baltimore being down 700+ officers right now, and that it was because of Mayor Scott's policies, but who knows how accurate that actually is.

I do think these shootings tend to fall out of the spotlight pretty quickly if there's not a white supremacist male who bought the gun legally that everyone can point to as the perpetrator.