You Guys Won't Believe This...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 10, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Do tell. What's up?

2. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Somehow, expecting us to do something other than raid the military academies for coordinators isn't exactly unreasonable expectations.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You make some good points bill. I would argue that it is a different kind of control freak we have in Dooley. Most great coaches readily accept responsibility for shortcomings while Dooley does so begrudgingly at best. I know that they are rumors, but there has been significant smoke over the idea that Dooley is reluctant to bring on coaches that might outshine him. I'm probably wrong to put any faith in rumors like that, but when the program you love has had it's ass reamed repeatedly over the last few years, and all indicators (our best coaches leaving and no quality replacements in sight) point to more of the same, one can get a bit raw and testy. I freely admit I am there. I hope I am wrong more than I can express. We just have different views I guess. I have no problem with that. Hope you don't either.

I can handle egotistical coaches/people that have a reason to be that way. It's the egomaniacs that have no basis in reality to be that way is what chaps my ass the most.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Bowl game?

6. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

so someone with 10 years of DC experience, who was a finalist for Asst Coach of the year twice in the past three years isn't going to do relevant things? Navy's defense is typically pretty good and he's doing that with smaller players. Imagine what he could do with SEC size players? Navy's D was down a little this year, but the team as a whole was down. His resume really is pretty good if you actually look at it.

7. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

8. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I would argue that he has 2 coaches right now that can outshine him and another that left this year. I don't buy into that theory. at all.

9. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

yeah, I wasn't around for it, but I know we went and got a coach from West Point once and it failed miserably. Oh wait, no, I'm pretty sure it worked out marvelously.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

We just don't see eye to eye on this. No problem.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I despise Dooley more than most here. I, and I most definitely could be wrong, believe the issue isn't that Dooley is afraid of hiring coaches who will "outshine" him, but rather it's the fact these coaches realize their about to board the Titanic's maiden voyage. Dooley may in fact have that as a motive, but the larger issue is that these guys know there's a good chance they're looking for another job this time next year.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Tomorrow's presser has been moved.

That means nowhere close to a DC.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

With all due respect there is a little bit of difference in the stature of Army's program in the 20s and Navy's in the 2000s.

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Jesus Christ, Bill. Yea, I'm sure buddy'll work just like Neyland.

15. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Joking about why Baylor's DC turned us down, had to stay in Texas for personal reasons.

16. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

with all due respect, there is a little bit of difference in the team Tennessee is actually fielding and 98% of most fans perception.

17. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Is it 1925?

18. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

it might not, but the fact that you are dismissing him just because he's from the Naval academy is ridiculous. Go get us some more threads from VQ.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I shit outside today. So to answer your question, it's possible.

20. I would much rather have buddy green than sal sunseri. That's not saying much though.