You have to pull Worley

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Eh, I can only see Fergie Fresh pissing off completely, Dobbs seems like he doesn't need football to succeed.

2. Pigskin Charlie

Pigskin Charlie New Member

We need Dobbs!

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You just said they didn't suck. If they are good why aren't they currently capable?

4. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

because they're true freshmen who just arrived on campus. shit, droski, quit being ridiculous.

6. JD0320

JD0320 New Member

I'm of the opinion if our freshman qb's are "good enough" then we should be able to win 6 games and make a bowl with them. Put them in and let them grow. One of them will out do the other and we'll have our qb for the next three years. Watching Worley under throw receivers against ap and WKU told me all I need to know about how this year will turn out with him getting the snaps. We're a "maybe" 6 win team with him and I'd bet were a 6 win team without him so go with the young dudes now and have the qb battle now. I'm not going to talk bad about Worley. I'm sure he's doing all he can do but it's not gonna be good enough to get us to 8 or 9 wins so we should open the qb race up now.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Ok. But of those guys listed which are worse than Worley? The top two passers in the country currently are true freshman. The penn state kid looks good too. Times are changing. Qbs throw more in hs and see nore complicated defenses than ever. The two best qbs in the country now were rs frosh last year. As I said, true frosh who were decent as true frosh ended up with good careers, those who sucked continued to suck. You act as though you have a viable alternative.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

1. I would not want the task of breaking in new receivers and a freshman QB.

2. I don't think the battle between the freshmen is over yet.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

He doesn't have the arm strength to get the ball to the cornerbacks.

10. kidbourbon

You're citing this as a focking source in support of an argument that our freshmen QBs shouldn't start?

Brilliant! Way to cut to the heart of the matter. Could you possibly provide some information that was less relevant? Or will you be busy preparing for your lobotomy?

11. limpleg

3. And an entirely new program, schedule, style, expectations, offense, defense, blocking... at the same time. Its too much and he's smart for not taking some advice from a couple on here.

12. kidbourbon

ayfkm? Your dumb ass would have Matt Simms as the starting QB in 2010 instead of Tyler Bray.

Again, great argument. Seriously, not retarded at all.

13. limpleg

You need to slow your roll and understand the debate, Kid Capri. You don't like it what he is doing? Then sab a letter of disapproval to CBJ.

14. kidbourbon

Let's be clear here. I don't like what you're doing with your garbage argument. Using a focking blog post from Brian Cook as a way to evaluate two players. And so I will save the postage and express my disapproval here on this message board free of charge with Mr. Limpleg.

15. limpleg

Then don't read it. True freshmen qbs that start from game 1 are very seldom successful and seldom go on to big things in college or the nfl. Now, disprove it.

16. kidbourbon

Why do I care? The question isn't whether 70 out of 100 true freshman QBs fail. The question is about whether the Dobbs kid -- or whoever -- is better at football than Worley. You cited a trend. It proves nothing. Rookie QBs in the NFL probably suck a lot more than they're good. But that didn't stop Cam Newton or RG3 or Luck from being good.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Correlation isn't causality. Few QBs period go on to "big things." And you can't just take your eye off of the most important part of the argument: Justin Worley.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Looks like I was pretty redundant.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and what's the chance of worley being successful? you act like people want to replace a proven starter.

20. limpleg

Like I said, I agree with Butch and how he is handling it. If that puts me in disagreement with kid Capri and the caliman, I am fine with it.

And stop acting like I like Worley and even want to see him on the field.