Your Favorite Television Shows

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

I thought the story came together really well but episodes of just individual characters made it really slow. I'm glad the 5th season will have them all together

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The wife loves this show.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. The Andy Griffith Show

A few light years away....

2. Breaking Bad
    3. The Office (BBC)
    4. The Office (NBC)
    5. Seinfeld
    6. Game of Thrones
    7. Cheers (it's amazing how well this still holds up)
    8. 30 Rock (I can own my shit)
    9. Kenny v Spenny
    10. Mad Men (this continues to fall, as time offers perspective)

I'm going to withhold judgment on Better Call Saul for now. It has a chance to reach Top 5(ish), but I'm troubled by how obviously they're milking / slow-playing it, especially considering how little time there is until they reach the hard stop of the Breaking Bad universe....and now knowing how Jimmy ends up as Saul seems to make it almost inevitable that the last 1-2 seasons are going to be filled with either heartbreak or betrayal, and that'll almost inevitably (and greatly) diminish my love of the show.

Like others, my viewership of network tv is been next to nil for years, sans Tennessee games.

4. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Cheers is still as entertaining now as during its live run.

Wonder Years held up well also.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I watch Better Call Saul when it comes to Netflix, so I am a season behind BUT:

All along I have suspected that they are building up to a season or two "in the present." I.e., there is a reason they keep reminding us that he is the manager of a Cinnabon in Nebraska. Something will be revealed about his "next move" or whatever as the pre and concurrent Breaking Bad timeline reaches the "present," and they can continue from there.

Just a hunch. If I were writing it, that would have been my plan all along: tease the present while showing the long origins and side story of the BB character, then set the final season(s) in the present.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Need to get around to watching Saul.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

"I'm out."

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Books. And Futurama.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[video=youtube;61zJHstzOoY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61zJHstzOoY[/video]

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I agree. We are going to see how it all ends.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a lot less of the future than that. We might get to see how it all ends, but I could see it being something more like some shady character telling him if he ever sees him again he's dead. Next scene is the future, knock on the door, it's that guy, show Saul's surprised face, credits. I doubt we get a whole season of post-Breaking Bad Saul.

12. CardinalVol

I agree, maybe 15 to 20 minutes or so. Nothing major.

13. CardinalVol

For that matter, id not want it because all of the other interesting characters would bee dead. The gus/mike storylines are more interesting to me.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I could see it going like that.

But you never know, they could introduce new interesting characters you would want to see.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Killing mike seems like a mistake in hindsight. Like, absolutely killing him.

16. CardinalVol

I almost stopped watching when it happened. That's how pissed I was.

17. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Excellent list, although I haven't seen 9 or 10. I'll probably look into those now.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I watch Better Call Saul and that's about it.

19. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Hmm this is an interesting thought exercise for me. Favorite shows?

Well I am a youtuber now and dont watch much TV.

As a small kid I had to watch Gilligans island, Superfriends, Scooby Do, Star Blazers, Thundar and Star Trek TOS re-runs, Six Million Dollar Man,Different Strokes, Dukes of Hazzard, Battlestar Galactica TOS and the Hulk.

As I got older it was the A-Team and Knight Rider, Tom Baker and Pertwee re-runs of Doctor Who on PBS.

In college there was NO must watch TV but I did watch many episodes of Star Trek the NG.

After college I watched Carnivale and the Spawn series on HBO.

The last few years saw me hooked on Grimm, Hemlock Grove and the new Doctor Who. I binge watched Grove and didnt/havent missed an episode of the other two.

I am a scifi guy and dont watch much TV.

The only "realty show" I got into for a while was Alaska the Last Frontier...haven't followed it since the 3rd or 4th season...cant remember

I tried GOT but couldn't get into it. Beheadings and incest arent my cup of tea.

As for UT well I schedule my time around the games. I didn't watch, my alma mater, TTU get slaughtered or App St.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess that is the action that they knew would make everyone dislike Walter, and that is why they did it.