your ideal gameday

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by here to lurk, Nov 21, 2013.

1. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member

Plan on getting to knoxville around lunchtime, going to Calhoun's on the River for lunch, walking up and down the strip and just generally basking in the fact that I am back in Knoxville after geez...7 years or so, then headed to the 8th's tailgate then the game. Besides normal stuff such as the Vol walk and taking a look at the vol navy is there anything I should think about doing? First game with pops in 20 years or so and I am hoping to pack as much in as possible.

TIA

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Enjoy.

Vol Walk maybe?

3. here to lurk

that might take away from my time with the 8th....I have my priorities

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Check out Market Square and downtown. You'll be stunned how much it has changed.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Ideal game day? We win.

6. here to lurk

I thought that was a given.

hat, will check out Market and downtown. In knoxville until Monday so thinking more gameday activities. I am sure I will be blown away (insert NYY jokes here) by the changes

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You been to Skybox yet? I'm looking for a review from somebody who has been.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

The previous iteration was a lot of fun (circa 2008 or 2009) just for the novelty factor. That can't have changed. The food was eh because they didn't have a full kitchen in the building, but other than that it was cool. I imagine it has only gotten better. I think it is called something else now though. Icon or something.

Or are you talking about somewhere else?

9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I've enjoyed a lot of Ideal game days. It's no coincidence that the only one I didn't enjoy was one where DDIAPOS was on the sidelines.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

No clue what it used to be. Somebody told me there's a new sports bar on Gay St called Skybox.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I'm talking about the bar in the sun sphere that had the same name. Not sure if they are related.