Your Job (I produce adult-themed media and features)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Feb 20, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Have done one. Last year in fact.

2. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

See, you and Tenny have much in common.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

High school In-School Suspension teacher. This is after a successful career in banking and then as a manager of a finance company. The itch to get back into coaching was just too much.

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

You working off your teaching certification, NYY?

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Oh, it's not bad, for sure. I had always wanted to teach and do research, so I'm only able to do one right now. Still, it's better than none. Plus, I have my family, which was part of the equation for teaching now, so I'm happy.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Obviously.

7. CardinalVol

That terrifies me in many, many ways.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Marketing Coordinator.

9. l3rewski

l3rewski Member

Full-time student in Environmental & Soil Science, Biosystems Off-road technology... no jerb. I do landscape work (mostly turf care) in the summer months to partially pay for school. I recently became a volunteer photographer for the UTAD. Not a paid position, but it can be hectic sometimes, like on Saturday with 12 hours of SEC swimming, baseball, and swimming finals, but it's still fun.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I had to get a Transitional License. I'll have three years to pass the Praxis exams in the content area I want to teach.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I own a lawn care bidness myself.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

PhD student. I teach environmental science type stuff, and my research involves climate and environmental change- I tend to focus on the last 20,000 years or so, basically since the last glacial maximum.

When I finish school I plan on being unemployed at worst, launching a new career at Tenny D's establishment under the name I. "Little" P. Orange at best.

13. CardinalVol

For some reason I thought you were archaeological.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Teach high school. I am in my 19th year. Certified in many areas. As of now, I teach three Technology/Engineering Education classes and one Modern History. I am certified in World and US History, Special Education (K-12), Government, GED classes, and Tennessee Hunter's Education/First Aid class. I coach girls high school softball (10th year or so). I used to coach high school football (15 years), and high school baseball (2years). I am hoping to pursue a career as a Professional Walleye Tour fisherman (I wish).

Oh yeah, I also make some of the most beatiful hand crafted wooden, acrylic, antler, or corn cobb pens you will see. I use a Jet mini-lathe to work my magic. Speaking of magic, I also turn custom exotic wood magician wands. Those magic guys pay goooood money for their stuff. It's MUCH harder to do than pens though....

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

It tends to get a little archaeological even when I don't foresee it. For instance, my Master's work ended up timing the arrival of natives in the Bahamas when I was just intending to reconstruct vegetation history. Humans have a huge impact on the natural vegetation of a place, and that tends to show up in a record as strong as anything.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

In 7th grade I missed one question on the Hunter's Safety test, and I'm still pissed about it.

17. CardinalVol

At least I have a basis for thinking that.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Sales Executive for a software company. We sell software that companies use to send email.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

You definitely do.

20. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

I work for the government.