Your Job (I produce adult-themed media and features)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Feb 20, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just don't do anything stupid to extend your stay. It's a great time at UT, but life must go on.

2. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Retired from a real job, embarked on a new career as a singer of songs, with three groups. My main band is Hundred Acres which is gaining popularity fairly quickly. Just now preparing for our second CD. Our leadman is a songwriter, and has a large portfolio of very good songs. One was used by Pointer Brand Jeans in a video promoting their products, and has the band playing in it. It just won an Addy Award for Best In Show. We just were selected to play in Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion, a three day festival featuring several nationally known artists. It attracts over 30,000 people, so it is "The Gig" in upper East Tennessee. We are also booked as the Headliner for Kingsport Oktoberfest. You can check us out at htp//www.reverbnation/hundredacres/.com, hat and KPT have heard us at the Preservation Pub, where we are to be headlining April 3rd.

TennyD, do you need anyone like me, I will work very reasonably.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Agree with this, but strongly suggest going with the 5 football season plan. You may actually see a good one.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I managed to get in the 05 and the 08 seasons.

5. CardinalVol

I stuck around for 02. Considering I came in in 98, it was a bit of a bummer.

I remember the 2007 SC game and feeling sorry for the college kids who thought that was a tremendous win.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I remember sitting there fuming that it took a miracle to beat South Carolina.

I did get 04 in as my first season and I feel that was Fulmer's last "good" coaching job. After that, it was all wasted opportunities.

It was odd to see Tennessee go from a legit NC contender to a nobody in one season. Then, apathy started to set in among the students.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  7. CardinalVol

Same here. Everyone around me was celebrating and steam was coming off the top of my head I was so mad. There was a third and Chavis conversion by SC sometime in the second half that caused me to blow a gasket. I had people 15 rows in front of me turn around to look at me. My wife would not speak to me the rest of the night, and when she didn't go to next game the folks behind me asked me if she now refused to go to any more games with me. (It wasn't.)

Good times.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I watched that game at a friend's "social gathering." I remember watching it with her father while all my other friends were hanging out and having a good time. I was happy with the win, but disgusted with how mediocre we were beginning to look.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Land Surveyor/Home Inspector/Farmer

I own a Land Surveying/Home Inspection company with my brother and a friend of mine. I have the Home Inspection license while my friend holds land surveying licences in TN and KY. (Soon to be AL , hopefully) My brother and I are currently seeking our land surveying licences in TN. Notable sites I have surveyed, State Capital Building, Bell Witch Farm, and many of the cell towers in TN and KY. The farming has become more of a hobby, but I grew up raising tobacco.

10. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Former full time student with a Bachelor's degree in Mgmt. Info Systems that I attained a few semesters ago. Temporarily working part time at a local retail grocer chain where I do a little bit of almost everything short of being the manager. This is of course, while i'm job searching for something more in line with my degree. Between that and keeping up with the evolving software industry it keeps me pretty busy.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  11. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

Racist IMO.

12. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

As for me I was in Project Management/Marketing for about 8 years before the company went Chapter 13 world wide, took the severance package and chilled for two years. Back in the game now as a Marketing product manager, but I make a huge chunk of my money in side ventures (investments, cattle, dog breeding, etc.)

13. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Ever thought of relocating? I can almost guarantee you could find a great job in your field in this area.

14. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Would Mike Holmes approve of your Home Inspections???

15. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Retired Special Ed teacher in Alabama. Now teaching a Severe Emotional Behavior Disorder class in Georgia. Pastor a Baptist Church, and work in time for hunting and fishing.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

No.

If he did, he would be cutting his own throat. Think job security.

17. WM

WM Active Member

Receiving Supervisor at HD. Moving back south and getting back into school for next fall.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Portfolio Manger / Financial Advisor. I keep getting new titles though. Now on #4 for the career.

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Full-time student studying Chemical Engineering. Part-time receiving associate at HD.

20. WM

WM Active Member

We live the Orange life [itch bay]es.