Your Most Perfect Saturday in Knoxville

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Dick Huffman, Aug 16, 2013.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Riding in for the 2010 opener was a fun time. We were pulled over at least twice on the drive in. Met some former VNers for tailgating and shenanigans then had great seats for the game.

2012 UF was the best atmosphere (for the first half anyways) I've ever been a part of in Neyland.

I can't explain how great it is any time I get to watch a game in Neyland. For so many years I was glued to a TV watching and I really enjoy any chance I get to actually see a game in person.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm sure if it hadn't been for DD (#ddiapos), there would be some votes for the tailgate get-togethers (I'm too old to party) the last couple of years.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My favorite Vols game I went too was the Florida game in a monsoon, must have been 92? Fulmer was taking over for Majors, it rained it's ass off, Heath "The Gun" Shuler, James Steward, and some crazy girl sitting a couple of rows behind me that turned a PGA bottle upside down. She drank waaay too much, and didn't make through to the end.

4. JayVols

Was there. Never before nor since have I ever seen it rain that hard. Lightning would bolt, thunder crash and the crowd grew louder with each one.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Best game - 98 Florida

Best overall Saturday - 00 bama or 04 Florida.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

They still had the old turf. It was awesome. Players would slide 10 yards after they went down

7. CardinalVol

Didn't it monsoon at 89 auburn too?

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I remember watching it on TV when I was 3*

*12 actually but trying to make Jay feel older

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Shuler did one badass time.

10. JayVols

Yeah. There was a whirlpool that looked like it could suck down a battleship on the northern part of the home sideline. I saw guys wading in water over their knees. It was freakin crazy.

11. JayVols

Trust me, my friend. Making me feel older than I do is next to impossible.

12. CardinalVol

Why do we think jay does civil war reenactments? Somebody there had to tell them what actually happened.

13. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Jay is so old, he and Ric Flair owe Jesus a denarius.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

wooo!

15. JayVols

To be tha man, you gotta beat tha man!!!! I'm a 60 minute man lasting aaaaaaall night long! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

[youtube]yRFFvT9MxME[/youtube]

Ric Flair is my all-time greatest wrestling hero, so thanks for the compliment! WOOOO!!!!!!