Youth

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Sep 13, 2015.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Are we seriously that young? Look at this depth chart and tell me how much experience we could really need. Sure there are some freshmen in there, but most of them are behind seasoned veterans. Hard to pin too many problems and guys like Jennings and Preston Williams, who probably only play a few downs a game. Middle linebacker is really the only spot we have that's young and there are actually a decent number of older guys with PT that are behind Jumper and Kirkland.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/tennessee/91993

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Jumper's play time blows my mind. There's no way he's our guy at that spot, yet I have no doubt he will be right back out there next week.

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

It's a shitty excuse. He needs to stop using it. Youth didn't lose the game last night, playing scared did.

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Well hell I'd make a million excuses too. Butch can't exactly just come out and say "I'm not good at coaching football. I'm actually quite bad at it but I'm too stupid to know how stupid I am".

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just kind of hilarious how we have tons of experience at QB, WR, and DB, but they've been some of our poorest performers.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I am looking forward to basketball. A lot of what RB has been saying is refreshing.

7. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

We got beat by a walk on qb last night.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I kept expecting us to knock him out of the fame and the backup come in and torch us for three hundred yards.

You know. The Tennessee way.

9. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

The defense trying to wrap up Mayfield last night was akin to catching a butterfly with your bare hand.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Tennessee has a junior QB, a junior lock down corner, and a senior rush end...I'd argue those are the three most important positions in college football.

The youth excuse is maddening.

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Vinny: 'It is possible that the two yutes...'
    Judge Chamberlain Haller: 'Ah, the two what? Uh, uh, what was that word?'
    Vinny: 'Uh, what word?'
    Judge Chamberlain Haller: 'Two what?'
    Vinny: 'What?'
    Judge Chamberlain Haller: 'Uh, did you say 'yutes'?'
    Vinny: 'Yeah, two yutes.'
    Judge Chamberlain Haller: 'What is a yute?'
    Vinny: 'Oh, excuse me, your honor.'
    Vinny: 'Two YOUTHS.'

12. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2015/JUNE15/DBJune16.html

This is interesting. I didn't read through the entire thing, but Tennessee is 58th, ahead of the Oklahoma team that beat them, along with several SEC contenders, including Georgia and Alabama. Hopefully Saban is able to temper expectations this year.

13. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

That is interesting. Someone should show that to the fools on VN. Not that they would let it invade their land of delusion.

Winners win and losers make excuses.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Since Butch is so into statistics he probably should read this. Someone please post this on VN.

15. MettaWorldPeace

I will when I get on my computer later. I bet it gets deleted.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I bet too.

17. MettaWorldPeace

I made one and it was deleted. I literally just posted the numbers, compared them to Oklahoma, Georgia, Florida and Alabama and compared the level of nonsense to the "Best staff in America" BS.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Freak is allowing his site to be ran by the AD.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Is that place a quasi-UT run place? Seriously. Who would want to be on a board that is moderated that heavily? What is the point?

Makes me appreciate the fact that this is the only Vol site I have ever been a part of.

20. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Youth excuse = cloaking poor coaching

You either find excuses or find solutions