YouTube TV - $35/mo

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Mar 1, 2017.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Ha. I watched a WWII documentary and she's like "do we have to watch this?" I guess I need to watch documentaries about puppy dogs

2. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

For those who have yet to cut the cord, I am trying out the service Bill Shark. You submit your cable/sat/wireless/internet/security bill from your service provider and they will try to renegotiate on your behalf. If they save you money, you pay them 40% of those savings. If they don't get anywhere, you owe nothing. Can make some of your money back by referring your friends.

I will report back to see if they save anything. Customer service has been so awful the last few times I have called some of mine it's worth not having the hassle.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Really interested to see how this works out for you. Let us know.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

just call them up and tell them you want to cancel your service and when they ask why tell them you are cutting the cord. come up with a very cheap number. I just saved you 40%

5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Fwiw, I told my Dad to do this when he was pissed about how high the bill had gotten. They threw him some token discount but nothing substantial at all. Not to say it doesn't work a lot of the time, by it's not a guarantee.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i bet he didn't start the conversation saying he wanted to cancel. that's the key. you dont' say "my bill is too high." you say "i'm calling to cancel my service." that's it. they'll always ask you why and then you respond "i'm cutting the cord to save money." only time it didn't work for me was probably the 10th time i called direct tv to do it and even then they offered me $20 off a month. then i just switched to dish. works for the internet companies as well.

7. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

He did. Like you I said I knew the script that gets it to work and wrote it down for my Dad, just didn't work.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

bizzare

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

You mean, "I like Comcast and AT&T. I also like Fios. And Charter. I'm going to go with whoever is most popular." didn't work?

10. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I have done this with DirecTV....since they have become ATT the customer service has become dreadful and it took me 4-5 calls last time to get any type of discount.

11. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I submitted my internet bill last night..today they called me and said they were able to get $120 credit that will be $10 / month for 12 months.....So I will roughly keep $80 of that without any work or time spent on my end. I got a $25 visa gift card and a $10 credit when I signed up, so they have roughly saved me $115 dollars while making $5 for their troubles. I also submitted my ATT bill which is Cell and DirecTV combined...will see how that works...

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Cut the cord last week. Feels good. Netflix, Hulu are good enough for us. Going to get a chrome cast and we will have everything any cable provider can offer for less than 40$ a month.

Cable/satellite is dying, quickly and thankfully.

13. GahLee

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How long after a show airs on regular ass tv is it available on Hulu?

15. GahLee

I believe with the commercial free sub it is available the next day, the cheaper sub it is available a week after.

16. GahLee

Got Chromecast today, I'll never have cable again. Pair it with Kodi and you can have movies still in theatres. I'm gonna look into buying my own router and giving Comcast theirs back. I'd like to upgrade from what they are loaning me.

17. InVolNerable

Router or modem?

18. GahLee

Both. I have a gatewaĆ½ from them. Might as well invest long term, I'll end up paying more in the long run renting from them. Plus I can get better.

19. InVolNerable

20. GahLee