Zone Read

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Sep 2, 2016.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This week will tell a lot about how the rest of this season plays out. If we suck again we are on the way to an unmitigated disaster.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

We knew before we started that we have a historically bad HC and offensive staff. People who expected something different from them are just silly. You don't do the crap this idiot had now done for 4 years and suddenly start making good offensive plans. He's an idiot. No one with a brain is going to come help him.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Coaches can suck and we can still go 10-2 and win the east. Team is that talented. Next week will tell if that is on the table. Even if we do, it's a high water mark and underachieving, but that's beside the point I was making.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Most coaches would have to put forth a lot of effort to make the offense this ineffective. It's impressive, if you think about it.

5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Just watched Freak's cut-ups of the offensive plays on youtube.

1) The amount of times our OL gave up pressure when we had a man advantage in pass protection was insane. We also lost the point of attack with a man advantage so many times. We were so unprepared for that D.

2) I get why Dobbs never kept the ball on read options, he consistently had a LB or safety flying down to force the hand-off to the HB.

3) So to me, when you're playing cover 4 to the field, and you send a LB or Safety flying into the backfield from the field, isn't that when you're most vulnerable to the bubble screen? I have pretty limited football knowledge, but we never kept them honest once. Hell, I think we faked the bubble more than we actually threw it.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't buy 2.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He did not need to go into the office for that; I am sure all the Coaches who call him about targeting penalties also told him that his decisions great.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yea, it's going to be Virginia Tech instead of Appalachian State.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I checked the schedule. Fl0at is right again.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

This whole we were vanilla so we would not show too much before big games is the stupidest excuse I have ever heard from a fan base. There is no better way to gain experience and confidence than game experience.

Lets save them to use against superior opponents and lose confidence when they don't work because were are used to running them at practice speed as opposed to game speed.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah. Hilarious anyone would believe that if that really were the game plan that we wouldn't go away from it after being down 2 scores and getting consistently stonewalled on offense.

12. mmmjtx

mmmjtx Member

Amazingly, TN has opened a 9 pt. favorite. Tempted to take the points.

13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Yeah I guess we figure out a way to score 9. May take overtime tho.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's very dumb, but a lot of fan bases make it

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

"The plan is infallible"

16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

You want a scary thought?

Imagine this offense without him.