Zuckerburg Senate Testimony

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Apr 11, 2018.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He looks very smarmy.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

3. NorrisAlan

Surprised there isn't a Juice Box on his desk.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

6. NorrisAlan

I honestly think this is it. Dude basically took a gag product and ended up a billionaire with it, and then had no clue what to do with it.

IP likes this.
  7. NorrisAlan

He honestly should have sold it when whomever it was offered him $bajillion for it.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Should have told them to kiss his ass. Google sells just as much personal data as facebook, plus it's in the user agreement form that they're going to sell your data.

I guess any reason we can find though to explain why the appointed one didn't get her crown though.

NYY likes this.
  9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm not watching it, but, based on what you're saying, conservatives [itch bay]ing about bias is cry me a river time. It's like Democrats calling in Fox News to complain about their coverage. Democrats wanting regulation have a slightly better argument, but not much. This should only be foreign governments using this medium to plant phony info to influence the election and trade in American citizens' data.

VolDad likes this.
  10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This post reminded me of the sideshow they put on with baseball players all those years ago. There is a bit more merit to this one though, kind of.

11. NorrisAlan

Lot more merit to this hearing. The baseball thing was a complete sideshow.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If you say so. I'd guess this is mostly for the generation of sound bites and to push a predetermined agenda.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

What's the point of all this really?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

What's scarier than old people not understanding technology at all is how many Americans don't see any threat from being socially engineered.

TangoUniform likes this.
  15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

OK. Not sure what that has to do with the conservative posts your friends evidently make.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm just saying I am not seeing a political bias, unless it is conservative since half the crap they post are info wars type insanity.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don’t think the allegation was ever that Facebook was spending billions to censor what some guy in Ooltewah thinks about Trump.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There’s plenty of liberal ones too. I have a healthy dose of both on mine.

Plus if social media post on Facebook is what takes down our republic, then we didn’t deserve it anyways.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think you don't appreciate how precarious it is to maintain our democratic republic. It has taken some luck here and there.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I guess I don’t if it just takes some Russians typing some words on pictures and posting them on Facebook to kill it.

justingroves likes this.