Zuckerburg Senate Testimony

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Apr 11, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Twitter still doesn't know what to do with itself. Same with snapchat.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You can't deny service to, say, a black person or a woman, simply if you don't want to associate with them, as a business. As a person, yes, you can associate with whomever you want. We've shed a lot of blood for the right for people to not be discriminated against because of who they are in public facilities and the service industry.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

No-one is forced to bake cakes. Businesses that deal with cakes simply have to follow certain laws.

But if those laws aren’t well liked, stop baking cakes.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

First Amendment is a protection FROM government.

Volgrad98 and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

NPR is social programming. Nothing more, nothing less.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Honest question: how much NPR have you listened to?

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I'm not entirely clear on War's perspective so this is not necessarily directed at him, but I continue to believe there is an enormous public misconception about NPR. I'm not claiming it's some bias-free zone (good luck finding one and bring me back a unicorn if you do), but it's about as close as you'll find to balanced coverage of actual news. It's becoming more difficult to do, but it's very important to distinguish between news and opinion. NPR is one of the best outlets for the former, but often leans left on the latter—though not extremely so. NPR actually puts forth effort in being balanced, much more so than most outlets.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I listen a couple of hours a week, most weeks, usually on Sundays during my weekend commute. Occasionally I will try to catch the news on NPR during the week. I like comparing the content and slant of NPR to the Salem Radio News carried on the half hours on Moody which I probably listen to the most.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I've read about twitter's issues. I don't have any idea how snapchat is still a thing.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Could you link some article for those of us who’d like learn more?

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

A lot of people use snapchat to cheat, so I'd say it will hang around.

12. kidbourbon

13. kidbourbon

I just don't know what it does that instagram can't do.
    Admittedly, I have neither.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't have either of them, but snapchat is used quite a bit to message so that it just shows up as data used instead of text and easily traceable.

My BIL's wife did the snapchat thing and never got caught on it, but got busted when she went to texting.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

What’s her handle on SnatchChat, again?

Also, how does one begin using this “SnatchChat”?

Volst53 and kidbourbon like this.