I'm here for a fight (aka HendersonVol's Pathetic Attempt to be a Badass)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by WM, Aug 29, 2011.

1. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

This one of the worst threads I've ever seen.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That's fun too.

It depends on the level of respect one gains for another's posts.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pearl's not the Anti-Christ, he's just an attention whore that tried, in one of the dumbest decisions ever made by an NCAA coach, to lie about a photograph.

Dooley has done very well considering what he had to work with starting out.

Martin is stuck behind the 8 ball. Even if he's a good coach, the fanbase probably won't be patient enough to let him succeed.

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

5. TennTradition

It does kind of suck.

6. TennTradition

Did you eat alone a lot at lunch growing up?

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Still makes you a twit if that is all you offer.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

You have to know that's not true. If you read the other boards on this forum, you would probably know we're perfectly happy with serious discussion.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Let's see examples.

We all want to see this e-fight you threatened on us.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

He is effectively two years behind in recruiting because of the Pearl situation.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Martin is bringing in a completely different style of offense. The people that jumped on the Pearl bandwagon don't have the basketball sense or the attention span to pay attention to what he's doing. You make in roads to talent when they are in 8th grade or younger now in basketball recruiting. Martin is behind in that sense by a lot. His first two classes (counting this past one) are probably going to be little more than bodies. Do you think the fans can wait until year 3 for wins?

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Forgive my tardiness. Now, who the [uck fay] is hendersonvol? Don't believe I ever noticed this guy at VN.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

There aren't a whole lot of people here who are taking anything but a wait and see approach with Dooley either.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dooley had a pretty good base already enrolled for spring practice. Keeping Chaney and Thompson kept a lot of relationships open and he can always pull either the "I worked for Nick Saban" or the "Vince Dooley is my daddy" card in recruiting.

16. TennTradition

You are hilarious. You come here, title your first thread "I am looking for a fight," and then pretend you are a victim and will rise above the fray to withhold your serious discussion for those who ..... aren't looking "for a fight."

Way to accomplish something useful....

My suggestion is: Go to one of the other fora, make some legitimate posts that don't mock someone's internet ego...

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It is pretty funny.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah. You clearly had already formed this opinion (incorrect, and fairly obviously if you'll browse around) prior to signing up. Yet, you chose to join anyway. For what purpose? Obviously not to set an example.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

And yet, here you are. Curious that you would seek our company, no?

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

There are already a good amount of people who are pissed off at the way he is recruiting. They are obviously not smart enough to figure out why he has had a hard time pulling in the big, flashy names. I don't care how dumb you profess us to be for thinking it, but when people around here or anywhere else talk about the fanbase being ridiculous and reactionary, we aren't talking out of our asses.

Hell, look at how pissed off they were two months ago at Dooley's recruiting.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011