Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Sucks for kids, coaches and parents right now with completely lost seasons and training. Looking thru pics and came across this one of my then 6 year old who won Nashville Naga championship vs a blue mohawked kid from kentucky who's family was all in blue and obnoxious. Ive never been as nervous before or since.

Attached Files:

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We started Spring Training #2 yesterday.

3. Ssmiff

Just you and him at home?
    We went to Brentwood HS turf field and ran a little. He has gotten so far out of shape compared to last month. Man it goes away quickly

4. CardinalVol

Yup. Nothing major, just throwing yesterday. Will probably work on hitting tomorrow.

5. Ssmiff

I know its secondary, but as ive ridden around in the car a little to get "out", ive never seen so many people outside and parents with kids, walking or throwing ball.
    It looks like the 80s, as far as people being outside, when there were no cell phones, internet or even cable. We had 3 channels, so we went outside.
    I miss stickball in the yard or field with a de furred tennis ball. Just the rubber part. Challenging with a good pitcher but if you connected it was gone. Had to leave the yard as we had 3 or 4 broom sticks fly thru window or front door of the house on follow thru so moms said take the pitcher of kool aid and go find a field.

6. Ssmiff

And there she is. Btw the Balmoral basketball court next to the field saw some ball. Full court chain nets and 40 or so players waiting to play on some days. Loud. Guys getting shoved into the pole. Like something out of a movie but Balmoral court was a place to be

Attached Files:

7. CardinalVol

There was a neighborhood pack of kids that stopped by and asked if they could play yesterday. The natives are getting restless.

8. CardinalVol

Saw the boy get in the zone for the first time this season while we were doing some BP. Few things make me happier as a dad than seeing that.

kmf600 and Ssmiff like this.
  9. CardinalVol

We officially canceled spring season yesterday. Wasn't going to be possible.

God that sucked.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

wow. How did you go from starting in a week to canceling completely? Didn’t want to play into July?

11. CardinalVol

Our great governor went from "we're opening up" to "youth sports cannot play until May 29". We wanted to wrap up by July 4 because football practices start here soon thereafter (in theory) and it would become a problem. But, we are going to begin planning for fall season on Monday. We will probably lengthen it to be a regular spring season.

droski likes this.
  12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

our president is under the delusion we will fall under the parks and recreation portion of opening by newsome. i bet we have to do the same thing.

13. CardinalVol

Perk is to refund payments via credit card we have to put money in our account with the website that handles it for us and we have to do that via credit card so as treasurer I'm about to rack up quite a few credit card points. :)

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you guys refunding the full registration? if we end up canceling, we are doing partial only if requested, but we did get a month of practice and 3-4 games in.

15. CardinalVol

Yup. 100%

droski likes this.
  16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

good for you. my brother in law is the treasurer and he doesn't want to go into reserves since we do have ongoing costs even with it closed. i think it's short sighted to at least not offer a credit for fall ball.

17. CardinalVol

We are giving them option to

1. Refund 100%

2. Refund 50%, donate 50%

3. Donate 100%

droski likes this.
  18. CardinalVol

@droski

LLI press conference on FB Live at 3pm eastern.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah i just got that email. was supposed to come in mid may, so it coming early worries me they are canceling everything. i had a really [uck fay]ing good team too. ha ha

20. CardinalVol

Well, our league was wanting to redraft the majors due to the course of time causing a couple of very, very weak teams. We were able to stop it, but I am afraid I'm not going to have an excuse now, and I have 4 solid 10 year olds on my team and was ready to build something fun.

droski likes this.