Keith “HatVol” Hatfield Passing

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Sep 5, 2021.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

RIP, Hat. He could always light a fire. But seemed to be a really good man in the couple of times I got to meet up with him.

SetVol13, gcbvol and Tenacious D like this.
  2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Just remembered his hatred for Auburn.

A good man, indeed.

[uck fay] AUBURN.

3. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

One of a kind and a good, good man. RIP.

JayVols likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This ones for Hat:

[uck fay] AUBURN

InVolNerable likes this.
  5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

His Love Letter to Auburn from the VolNation days is first ballot HOF Vol Internet material.

CardinalVol likes this.
  7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

This sucks.

Hat was my friend. Hope you find the peace that too often eluded you in this life. I'll miss you, my friend.

MWR, A-Smith, kmf600 and 10 others like this.
  8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

NYY likes this.
  9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Tried to post that picture you sent. Feel free to post it if you can figure out how.

Never seen a laugh as hard as Hat’s when I threw a healthy cookie into oblivion. Lore has it, that healthy cookie is still hanging on in the parking garage.

MWR, InVolNerable and CardinalVol like this.
  10. Okibi2112

Okibi2112 Member

Shocked and very sad to hear this. RIP. One of my very favorite posters going back to the VN days.

Throwing out another "[uck fay] Auburn" in his honor.

InVolNerable likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I still make fun of her about that.

NYY likes this.
  12. JayVols

I'll see what I can do. Healthy cookies...

Good times.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He's bringing all the Hall of Famers out today.

14. JayVols

I wouldn't say that, but thanks. Wish it wasn't necessary.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Worst thing I’ve ever had in my mouth…. And that’s a stout comment.

I have no doubt she’s probably a tremendous cook. The healthy cookies are just not something even Guy Fieri could pull off.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

She's tried a couple of other healthy recipes that were somehow worse. As in I took 2 bites and looked at her and she just said "I know". They didn't get made again.

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Good to see you Jay. It m’fing sucks.

18. JayVols

You too, my friend.

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Im just so shocked by this sad piece of news. I wish I had links or screen grabs from some of his legendary writing that used to keep me entertained for hours. Since I don't I'd like to post some brief snippets from things I heard him say or that I remember from his posts.

- His awesome post on VN the morning of the 08 Alabama game when he called for a 24hr ceasefire on account of only getting so many Tennessee/Bama games in a lifetime.

- The thread following the 08 South Carolina loss. It was another off brand post where he was giving anyone a platform to plead a good faith argument for not firing Fulmer.

- His love of Bob Huggins and his dislike of Dean Smith, John Wooden, and everything Kentucky basketball.

- His retelling of punching a hole in his dorm after Bama '90 and his account of the time Greg Amsler drove his car into the bar Hat was at then walking in as if nothing happened and ordering a beer.

- The nights when he was shit faced and would log on the 8th just to type Doors lyrics in every thread for no reason.

- The time I had him convinced that he was arguing with Jason Croom's mother.

I'm sure I'll remember much more as the day goes on. Please feel free to share.

A-Smith and ole_orange like this.
  20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Hey Jay! Sucks that we are here under these circumstances but I'm glad to see you're alive and kicking. I swear this news is hitting me harder than I ever would have thought. Remember that time me , you, and Hatfield stuck around the old tailgating site hours after a noon ass kicking? That was a great time.