Bowl Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CitrusCo.Vol, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It could’ve been 2007 or 2017 and unfortunately those are about the same to me. Really have no idea.

InVolNerable likes this.
  2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Me either. Other than I do remember both of us needing 1 win to get to 6 and bowl eligibility. And we fricking lost to them.

3 (I think it was 3) losses to Vandy during the Reign of the 3 Monkeys was more losses than I had ever witnessed or expected.

justingroves likes this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Mason took over for Franklin and the program slowly spiraled from mediocre to utterly abysmal.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

At least it was less rapey.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He had a really good resume before Vandy

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That was a plus

7. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Long time ago now and he wasn’t super impressive the past couple years at Ok St and Auburn.

8. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Naybe Banks will look better with better athletes in the secondary and a better secondary coach/recruiter.

9. Ssmiff

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

true

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Game has changed too. Kelly threw for 2,700 yards in 91 with what was a pretty wide open offense at the time*.

*-not including Houston, which was its own monster.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So is Nico starting this game, or do we see Milton 1 last time?

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Pretty sure we will have the privilege of watching one of the greatest arms to ever throw the pigskin again.

15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Banks could [uck fay] up free cocaine.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think you'll see a lot of Milton.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I expect this to be managed like every other game has been at the QB position. If we are running them off the field Nico will get in for a drive or two and then we'll stick Moore out there to finish it off since it's his last game. If it's close, Milton goes the distance.

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Yeah and that reduces my interest in the game by 90%. Just absolutely no point in him playing. My guess is the coaches pushed him to stay and play. Somebody has pics on somebody or lost a bet. That’s all I got.

Win or lose, backfield full of young RBs and Nico would be a golden opportunity to get a quality win vs an extremely beatable team and great experience. But no, we have to beat that damn dead horse.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

There’s no way that Huepel is going play Nico over Milton for the same reason that there was no way he was going to play Nico over Milton on Senior Day.

It’s Milton’s last college football game in the town where he played in high school and so it should be his choice if he doesn’t want to play.

LawVol16, Tar Volon and chavisut like this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

But the fans