Bowl Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CitrusCo.Vol, Nov 28, 2023.

1. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Jaylen Wright to the draft.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Not with that attitude.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

This post is wildly shortsighted, and at the very least proves to me you’ve never been a part of a team. Or at least a team worth a damn.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

he will get more practice reps with the 1s and I expect him in the game for a series or 2 in the 2nd quarter, assuming we have more than 3 plays in the first quarter.

IP likes this.
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, I think there are ways to work Nico into the bowl game without fully benching Joe and putting him in street clothes. Doesn't have to be all or nothing, but I feel like there's a high chance we don't see Nico at all, unless there's garbage time.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I honestly expect Tennessee to be up 3 or 4 scores in the 3rd quarter, Sampson and Seldon are just as capable of big plays as Wright was and Iowa is slow

NorrisAlan and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Good for him

The Dooz likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's a chance Iowa looks foolish.

9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

As long as our OL doesn't shit the bed, our RBs should be licking their chops going up against Iowa.

10. Ssmiff

They play a lot of zone and we likely run a a lot of wr screens. Doubt they’ve had teams spread them out and do anything besides off tackle runs, curls and in routes against their zone.

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Cooper Mays coming back next year

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I hope y’all are right but I’m fully prepared for a root canal

Tar Volon likes this.
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Over under is 36.5

considering some of the others they’ve had that’s a huge compliment to our offense.

Memtownvol and Tar Volon like this.
  14. Ssmiff

Look at their schedule. Penn st and Michigan best offenses they faced and they lost by a combined 60-0. I watched Penn St a bit and wasn’t impressed with their qb. Michigan ran about 3 different plays against them.
    If we had their schedule, Banks would be up for DC of the year.

IP likes this.
  15. Or an indictment of our defense.

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

That's absolutely what should happen. You've got a great core of guys who've all just decided to return and you've got young guys on both sides who are finally going to get their chance. This game should be a Roman holiday.

17. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

We should have 30 of that

18. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

So you are saying that playing Joe in the bowl game benefits the team more than getting Nico experience that will help the team next year? Yeah that uhhh doesn’t make sense

19. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Not sure where the benching came in. That’s quite the assumption. But you could encourage him to spend his time working on something or with someone that or who could prep him for some kind of impressive workout for the pros. And I actually believe the coaches preferred he play the bowl. And I disagree

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Encourage him? He is going back to his home town to play in front of his family and friends in a New Years Day Bowl game leading the Tennessee Volunteers against the Big 10 Runner up.

This is a Dream come true; a childhood fantasy. He is starting and no amount of "encouragement" not to play would succeed.