Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

When a dad emails about his kid playing football for you, and someone else tells you his dad's nickname was "Hitman" because of how hard he hit, the son automatically goes into the "yes" column.

Poppa T and VolDad like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

This is pretty impressive. Brentwood HS field is named after Mr Parker. He has never missed one game, home or away.
    555 straight games attended.

Attached Files:

3. CardinalVol

Riverdale beat Oakland. Wow.

Maryville blew a 31 year win streak against Farragut a week after beating Alcoa. If a coach blame a kid the parents probably would be justified punching them in the mouth. Lackadaisical attitude started with them and worked down.

Then there is the video I posted on the OWH thread.

4. Ssmiff

CardinalVol likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Didn’t think tssaa liked the way Lipscomb was doing things and they’ve been slapped with 2 yr postseason ban for pretty minor stuff imo. 2 supposed ineligle players played in a blowout, a female athlete tweeted about how they work with your training schedule, and a coach had a conversation with a former parent about his kid.
    Like catching Capone for tax evasion

6. CardinalVol

7. Ssmiff

Team was recognized at half of playoff game last night and given their state champ rings. Pretty cool. Son hopefully start light jogging next week then 6 weeks of PT and training to get him back for January practice. Hope it goes well. He hasn’t been hurt before so we will see how he handles the mental aspect of getting back out there. If he doesn’t use his speed and agility the same, he may as well sit.

Attached Files:

InVolNerable and emainvol like this.
  8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And then last night Oakland absolutely obliterated Riverdale.

9. CardinalVol

Yes, yea. I’d say Oakland came in ready to go. That was a beating.

Oakland/Bradley will be a good game.

10. Ssmiff

56-0 is quite the bounce back from giving up 30+ last time v Riverdale. If Brentwood beats Houston they play the Oakland game winner. That’s where the run will end. Undefeated so far but haven’t played a team as big and fast as Oakland.

11. CardinalVol

Don’t count out Bradley. They might can athlete up with Oakland.

12. Ssmiff

I have the privilege of watching a girls HS game right now. I don’t think I’ve seen a player in the air on a rebound. Like 5 players just standing with their arms straight up.

13. CardinalVol

I fell down a rabbit hole about the Texas Slot T offense this weekend. Fun to watch.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

it’s a cult, too. Which I really appreciate.

they don’t say shit unless you move to Texas and coach for the handful of coaches that run it, and get the decoder ring.

15. CardinalVol

Yup. I spent way more time than I want to admit watching Liberty Hill highlights looking at it.

16. CardinalVol

Gage LaDue signs with Air Force today. Great kid and great football player. The Maryville to Colorado Springs pipeline continues.

17. Ssmiff

Coaching my oldest sons 3 v 3 team who is to play in Special Olympics in Gatlinburg in a few weeks. I got a nasty big strong Down’s kid who may be to goat of pick setters so we will work on pick and pop/roll today for an hour. Gonna show my son this video, which is one of my favorites and actually makes me tear up a tad everytime I watch it.

18. CardinalVol

Girl from McKenzie high school in west tn hit 17 threes in a game tonight. Thats insane.

19. CardinalVol

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Campbell county football might be looking at dark days again