Do you believe in ghosts?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by DownNDirty, Oct 3, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not a dumb ass, I just don't think Pascal's wager works within the framework of Christianity.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Interesting.

I say that because it was created as a form of 17th century Christian apologetics.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I talked to several of the adjoining property owners (which is very common for any land surveyor) in most cases people are willing to give you a history lesson on the property which can be very helpful in retracing property lines. In this case most did not want to discuss anything about the adjoing lines which I thought was odd.
    I have surveyed enough (especially TDOT, TWRA and other gvernment properties) to know that most people like to tell you when a property has a story. In the case of the government properties they are normally threatening to shoot you and sue the state. So I thought it odd that nobody wanted to talk about it. I wanted to hear some stories about it while i was there but it was hard to get anything out of anybody.

As a short history lesson. The farm is still owned by the descendents of John Bell (none of which live in the area anymore) the land is handled and farmed by a trustee that is good friends with a guy I used to farm with.

The trustee was with me when I made the joke to the old fella about being married and not being interested in the Bell Witch. He told me when I walked off to be careful how I respond to some of the questions there are a lot of people around here that take that serious. I was curious at that point and just come right out and asked him if he thought any of the stuff was true. He smiled and said he would answer that question when we got back to the truck and was pulling off the property. He later told me that he wasn't gonna say either way whether he thought there was anything to legend. He basically dodged the question.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Google it sometime when you have a chance TD. Some of the stuff you will find is BS, but its interesting none the less.

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm in a similar position. I definitely believe in God and I do believe in the afterlife, but I don't believe I ghosts.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I wasn't offended, IP.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I am. I'm the only moron on this site and i'm offended that someone is trying to take that away from me.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don't know if I saw something because I wanted to or if it was because it was actually there, but the Sensabaugh Tunnel in Kingsport is creepy as shit.

9. JayVols

You are alone only in your own mind, lyls. I assure you, I am full of some moronic shit.

10. JayVols

Are you in the Tri-Cities area Dooz?

I used to go there as a teenager. It was more creepy back then before they put a tile in and paved over it. The creek running through the tunnel made for some eerie sounds. Ghost Hunters says that water is a natural conductor for the supernatural. tifwiw.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I have a story with my grandma while on she was on her death bed, but it isn't a ghost story. More of a supernatural event or about as close that I've came to experience.

I understand brain neurons firing and creating illusions in that situation, but this was more than that

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

VF3 - you ever thought about being a professional storyteller?

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

CS Lewis?

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Damn near died laughing.

15. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Never really had any ghost experiences - although my basement always freaked me out as a kid.

My mom did have a crazy "experience" like 15 years ago. It was after her grandmother had died she had a dream with her grandmother in it and she talked to her in the dream and told her to tell her mom (my grandmother) that she loved her and also (I forgot the details) something really specific about something my mom's dad wanted to say to her (who had already passed away). My mom shared it with my grandmother and it freaked her out because my mom had no way of knowing what she said to her about her dad in that dream and apparently my grandmother had the same dream that night as well.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I seriously looked into that profession, but the main audience is school children. And with my limitations clearly set on being around school ground by federal and state law, it'd make it a tough row to hoe.

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

[​IMG]

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Perfect, IV

19. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I suck at reading threads.

20. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

i agree with this