Fun with Weapons

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Oct 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

[video=youtube_share;CLFYvG6MsZU]http://youtu.be/CLFYvG6MsZU[/video]
    Bring it

2. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

So much fun, you brung it twice. ;)

3. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

[video=youtube_share;d84r8gMGxFQ]http://youtu.be/d84r8gMGxFQ[/video]

4. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Thats what you get when hit backspace

I'm just an amateur

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sounds fun.

I bought a Browning 10 gauge pump and was patterning it for turkey season. I shot a 7 or 8 inch cedar tree in two with 2 shots.

6. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

I have always wanted a Browning Sweet 16, I couldn't imagine having to buy shells for one though.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

would there be any turkey left to eat if you shot it with that?

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Mauser is a lovely gun, and I wish I had one. But I have two real desires right now. A friggen Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II and a Schneider 24" 1-12 RHT bull barrel for my 700 short action .308.

9. fl0at_

You shoot turkey in the head/neck. Don't do too well with a body shot, they tend to run the [uck fay] away.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

interesting. i would think it'd be hard to hit a turkey in the head.

11. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

The only time I've ever shot a turkey in the body was the day before thanksgiving last year I blasted one from about 100 yards with a .270, me and a bunch of my buddies had our own thanksgiving together.

12. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

Definitely harder than deer hunting, I've missed two turkey with a shotgun. One was about 50 yards though, really to far to shoot imo.

13. fl0at_

You gotta get them in real close. A gobbler will walk right on top of you if you sit still enough. They lock in on the call and move to that spot. Fantastic ability to locate a sound. If you are out and cluck and purr and hear a gobble. Get your gun up, because you are going to have a bird come right to you.

That said, I've missed more turkeys than I've killed. The first time I went, and I'll never live it down, everyone was talking me up to the guide, and he takes me out first morning and I blow two shots. One was close enough to hit with a paintball gun. Clean shot over it.

The rancher probably tells that story to everyone who comes to hunt with him. Next time I went though, I went one for one because I learned that "aim for the head" meant neck up, not put it between their beady little eyes.

As for body shots, that is fine with a rifle or a bow. Though the legality of doing so with a rifle is questionable. When bow hunting, though, always go body shot.

14. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

Yeah rifle is definitely illegal, I could have gotten in alot of trouble for doing that. I have given up on bow hunting of any kind for awhile, I don't have the time to practice enough to go out and shoot a bow.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

As float said, it's very hard.

It's the most challenging kind of hunting I've ever done.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me too.

No love for the guillotine?

[video=youtube;Y8pkPQE_a9s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8pkPQE_a9s&feature=related[/video]

17. fl0at_

Hell is he shooting, a pizza slicer on that arrow? Damn.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pretty much. It's like a gigantic rage broadhead that opens up to around a 5 or 6 inch circle.

You have to be a hell of a shot to use one. I'm not so I don't.

I've never attempted to kill a turkey with a bow because I'm batting below .500 with a gun.

19. fl0at_

I've shot at one with a bow. I'm a [ussy pay] because that was the toughest draws I've ever had to do. You basically have to just go straight the hell back, with no wiggle, from a sitting position, and in my case, leaning back against the tree. Drawing that bow damn near threw my shoulder.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Haha I can imagine. Their eyesight is ridiculous.