POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the present.

There is no revelations in the present.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'm not gonna get into it, but your "Republicans want to kill the left" can be said the opposite as well. Both parties have fringe idiots who cant bear to understand another opinion and full of hate, based on red or blue, and it's dumb as [uck fay]

3. fl0at_

In what way are they forced upon them? By the missionary work? That's still on you guys.

4. fl0at_

I can show you the R side on TENNESSEE football forums. Show me the same on the D side on the same forums.

I don't have to go broad to disprove your point. But you do to disprove mine.

In the world you and I have surrounded ourselves in, there are not even sides.

5. Ssmiff

True but you also don't see me posting "dems want to kill republicans" and pawning it off as a one way street

6. Ssmiff

What semantics are you arguing today, that only rt wingers hate left wingers and vice versa is non existent? Ok man. Whatever you need to tell yourself.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

In America - the church will never be "persecuted" like we think of as government persecution (at least until the Chineese take over). I'll roll my eyes at that. I do, think, however that eventually in the name of equality 501c3 will be jerked. I don't see that as a hard leap to make.

Will be interesting though. IMO, will be a separation of the wheat and chaff inside the church, if you will.

It is my opinion though, that in the name of equality, you will see the 1st amendment slowly whittled down. Again, that's just my opinion.

8. fl0at_

No, I'm arguing exactly what I said.

9. CardinalVol

That's it.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Shapiro's piece of the conversation tends to be about religion in general, not just focused on Christians or Jews specifically.

11. fl0at_

So why would the end be loss of tax exemption and not be shut it all down completely?

Why is the point at which "name of equality" ends there?

12. fl0at_

Let's look at it logically, absent anything else.

1. Do you think Christians being killed for missionary work is new?

2. Do you think Christianity is spontaneous?

3. See #1

You committed your own issues, and when folks are like "ehhh, maybe stop." Ya'll have huffed and said no.

Ok. Like, the risk was at least shown to ya.

This has been a thousand year loop.

13. CardinalVol

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. 100%.

14. CardinalVol

Just my thoughts on how far it'll go.

Maybe it goes farther - just doubt people want to go down that path.

15. fl0at_

Feel free to describe it yourself.

16. fl0at_

But why that far and not farther? What is contributing to this thought of yours?

Surely you are weighing some evidence.

17. CardinalVol

Just a reading of society and what is being thrown around on stuff I see.

I think some would love to close all churches, mosques and every other for of religious institution, but that's just the fringe of the fringe.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The Bob Jones University thing is the starting point of the argument because Democrats are pushing new legislation that equates discriminating against someone because of "gender" or sexual orientation with discriminating against someone because of skin color.

He is not calling the Bob Jones University thing a "Dem" thing. You're misunderstanding what he is saying. He actively agrees that what was going on at Bob Jones University was wrong. I don't know why you think it matters that it happened 50 years ago. Roe happened 50 years ago as well and is still pretty regularly discussed.

As for your point about Bob Jones University not being shut down 50 years ago - yeah, it was 50 years ago. Do you honestly believe that in today's political climate, the results will be the same? And before you say that there's "no proof" and just "what if's," don't you think you should look into those businesses I mentioned, which have already been affected, and how they were affected? Those ARE the proof. You're saying you'll look into the proof while commenting that there is no proof in the same post.

19. fl0at_

Let me make an argument, and we'll see if it is convincing. So, rather than question, I can provide the weights as I see them, as best I can type them.

The first test is, what makes any church different than any other tax except organization... based on law. Tax law, specifically. If I open a feed the homeless organization, and on Wednesdays and Sundays, we get together as a group, and read a book, and talk, and folks donate. And then all the other days, we feed the homeless. I can be a tax exempt organization, right?

Ok, so why can't I call the group a congregation, the talk a sermon, and the book the Bible?

Nothing in tax law, right? If there is, then, yea, show me and I can be convinced and concede the argument. But if there just isn't, then in order to say churhes are going to lose tax exempt status is to say all organizations are going to lose tax exempt status.

And I don't see the Democratic party saying sorry homeless shelters, and women's shelters and women's health clinics, you must pay taxes. I don't see it in their ideology, at all.

But one of those two things must be true. In the law today, or soon to be added (which we'll get notice). Or the ideology.

I see them as both false. That's my evidence. That's my argument.

20. CardinalVol

Of course, my opinion is, for better or worse, governed my the Catholic Church too.

Do they remain orthodox? Are they grouped with evangelical churches for political purposes?

Because I don't even think the US Government wants to go to war with them.