OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It's been going on so long most of the small ones are dead in that area by Sevier Heights.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

There will be some opportunity there when they finish.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Post of the year, 1978

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

They are currently in the midst of building a bypass around the section of it near the airport. It will never end.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This is at least the third major re-structuring of the John Sevier Highway intersection since 1980.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It was needed. Something had to be done. That whole stretch of road is an absolute nightmare for anybody trying to make a left turn onto it.

7. CardinalVol

No arguments from me at all. It's a nightmare. It's just a giant cluster at the same time.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Social media is destroying people's brains.

10. CardinalVol

The best thing that could happen would be to legalize beating the people holding the camera to a bloody pulp. Guessing that would calm the situation down.

When there is no threat of a bad consequence, people go too far.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  11. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

This right here. I have no idea how we turn this around but we have to. To me that video reminds me of the lady charged in Bakersfield for threatening people a couple weeks ago. These people legitimately don’t understand that people encouraging this type of behavior (generally) aren’t behaving this way themselves. It’s sad.

12. CardinalVol

No one wants to live in Alabama -

[​IMG]

13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It really bothers me that the legend and map uses different color pallets. How do you [uck fay] that up?

IP likes this.
  14. HCKevinSteele

I don’t get it. Am I to believe rural Alabama and Eastern Arizona are unique, or do they just have the wrong color applied? If it is the right color there’s a lot of other places that should be that color too.

Value of $100 is the same in Knoxville/Chattanooga as Albany, Georgia? Not buying it.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, more and less by how much? We can't know if this is a linear, graduated, nested, etc. It is relative AND dimensionless.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can't know if other places should be that color because we don't know what that color means. The difference between those areas and the next highest could be a fraction of a penny for all we know and the distinctions are functionally useless. No way to know.

17. HCKevinSteele

I’m simply saying that if the blue of rural Alabama means cheaper than any shade of green, then I know this thing is effed up because you’d see more of that color elsewhere. I don’t need to know more or where the lines between colors are to know that much.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think you understand what I am saying and that is fine.

19. HCKevinSteele

I think I understand you fine. I’m not saying I know for sure that any particular place is colored incorrectly, simply that from what we can see it is implausible that several or many regions are not colored incorrectly.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh wow, by what metric did they determine the value of $100 and what was the value categories?