The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You are right I didn’t see that he said that. Good that he did.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

To me, this isn't an MJ/Jordan discussion. No idea why it always has to go that direction and turn towards the bull shit "MJ would never" platitudes.

The consumer doesn't want to see awesome games decided by the referees. We've got a 2 minute report from 6ers/Knicks literally saying that Maxey was fouled TWICE with neither being called, and Nick Nurse called a timeout that wasn't seen or granted. It is, quite literally, the difference in the game. I don't want to hear any of the nonsense about "gotta overcome it" or "don't let the game be close enough that the refs can decide it." The refs need to be held to a higher standard and need to stop negatively impacting games. We have video of these games from a million different angles. Get the [uck fay]ing calls right. I'm on record here saying that I'm not a huge fan of "going to the monitor" and a big part of it is because of shit like this. They still get it wrong!

It should be impossible for a play like the DLo lay up to be missed on video replay. Can't happen. And it's hard for me to understand how anyone can watch that replay and act like players shouldn't be angry with it. It's 2 free throws for an 83% FT shooter in a game that finished in a 2 point deficit.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I misunderstood

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Randomly came across video of #1.

https://x.com/mindsetofbron/status/1782860100966969370?s=46&t=-g4-4SHxx6dZ80rS7hnjTA

Wish it showed how ridiculous the shot looked.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Dude, I'm dying watching that video. This dude is everyone while watching their team play.

"ANTHONY DAVIS! You've got 4 fouls! Even if you had no fouls! You've got help! Why do the Lakers... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! FORCE JOKIC TO THE STRONG SIDE OF THE FLOOR!"

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Spo doing Spo things.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Brandon Ingram just always looks like he's in a constant state of being stoned to me.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Man, sports are great. Might be one of the best things we do as a country. Watching these dance cams, kiss cams, the interactions, etc. Everybody is so happy and having a blast.

Wish there was a way to control the resale market to make games more accessible.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Was there ever a better example of "coaching matters" than the Lakers having a 20 point lead in the 2nd half and losing, vs the Heat beating the Celtics, in Boston, WITHOUT Jimmy Butler?

Look at Gabe Vincent's playoff numbers with the Heat last season, and look at him over the last month since he came back from injury with the Lakers.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Kind of surprised to see Lakers favored. I guess on the one hand, multiple days rest, so LeBron should be fresh. On the other hand, Murray has been terrible but caught fire in the fourth quarter. Kinda feels like he might shoot the lights out the next two games.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Uh oh, Jokic with 2 fouls already. AD has been extremely aggressive so far.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Good to see standard "against Denver" DLo is back. 0-2 with nearly both shots airballed. Yikes.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lakers getting absolutely destroyed on the boards. So many second chance points.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT CALL? THERE IS NO [uck fay]ING WAY THAT'S NOT A [uck fay]ING SHOOTING FOUL!

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This lineup is a [uck fay]ing disaster.

Prince
    Vincent
    Dinwiddie
    Reaves
    AD

Jesus.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lakers HAVE to send help when Gordon gets switched onto a small defender and Jokic isn't in the game. He's not as dangerous passing out of it as Jokic is, and he's abusing guys.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

GET DLO THE [uck fay] OUT OF THE GAME!

Dude just threw the ball to the dude RIGHT IN [uck fay]ING FRONT OF HIM, then bricked a 3 on the next possession, then went for a steal in open court, not even getting close, which led to an open bucket.

[uck fay]ing killing them.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

WHY CAN THESE REFS NOT CALL THE [uck fay]ING GAME CORRECTLY!?!?!? EVERYONE AND THEIR [uck fay]ING MOTHER KNEW THAT WAS OFF GORDON!