The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

DPOY just got absolutely cooked.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nuggets in trouble.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Not looking good for them. Ant can't be guarded and the worst part for the rest of the NBA is that he knows it.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Murray injury hurts too.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Another reason I don’t like the NBA is how people refer to the players with short versions of their names like they’re buddies

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Tell 'em JoJo

NashVol11, 10SEvols and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Ya Ya ya ya....basketball

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Soooooo really bad match up, or is Denver a bit overrated?

10. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

When Jokic drives players bounce off him like they would the fat dude in Nintendo Ice Hockey.

IP likes this.
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Jokic would be down 3-0 if not for the league refusing to suspend Murray and then essentially handing the Nuggets game 3 via the refs.

Shai is down 1-2 to the Mavs despite a friendly whistle sending him to the line 10 times a game.

Tatum is winning games despite playing pretty poorly for the majority of the playoffs.

Indy player opinions looking not so bad at the moment. Although I guess you could point at Rudy. But I’d just point at the Wolves beating the Nuggets in Denver without him.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

16. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Denver showing a lot of toughness coming back to level this series. Still may lose, but resilient.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Listen to this [uck fay]ing clown. Is ANT gonna take credit for this loss as well?

18. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Lmao at trying to take a victory lap regarding two players who just finished 1-2 in MVP and a third who took a team to the Finals (which he may well do again) while you were saying James Harden was better

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The MVP is a regular season award that loses more and more historical significance with each passing year.

Why are you falling back on a multiple-years old James Harden opinion? We have comments from this season we can discuss. Such as:

and, in support of why Shai belongs in 8-10 rather than at 4:

and then, the icing on the cake:

Feels like an injured Luka going up 3-1 tonight against Shai would support my stance on where Shai belongs in the rankings.

Tatum taking his team to the finals this season is the bare minimum of what should be expected of him, based on how injured/weak the East is. We aren't giving him props for a Finals run, especially not with the pedestrian performances he's been having.

Jokic played well last night, but the league ABSOLUTELY saved his ass by not suspending Jamal Murray. I'm not necessarily mad that they let him play because I like competitive games, but he 100% should have been suspended.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The above was from 2 months ago. Not completely sure how I'd update it. Jimmy probably falls out. Maybe Steph too?

Without a whole lot of thought:

1. Jokic
    2. Giannis
    3. Luka
    4. Embiid
    5. AD
    6. Tatum
    7. LeBron
    8. KD
    9. ANT
    10. Shai

Brunson making a case to be in as well, but the competition just hasn't been good enough, imo. ANT beats the Nuggets and I probably bump him ahead of KD and LeBron.