OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ninja works really well

Ssmiff likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I do feel bad for not even mentioning the best song of the night, by a guy whose name I didn't catch, "[ussy pay] Like a Lunchbox"

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

My bad. You made it sound like you had heard their music before. Apologies for my misunderstanding.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Update - she won 1st place in her school talent show!

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Congratulations!

Poppa T likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You also don't like breakfast food or southern cooking so this surprises absolutely no one

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

You'll have to refresh me on the breakfast food one, I think something is being lost in translation.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

But I actually have wilder food takes that shake people to their core.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm sure I'll regret this, but what are they?

11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I will admit that even I knew who they were. Not as in-depth as perhaps, Led Zeppelin, Stevie Ray, Les McCann, etc. Probably because, I was impressed with their wordplay on name selections. That in-and-of-itself was worthy of notice. So back in the day, I was like, "Who are these guys?"

I will also admit that thug/gangsta rap/hip hop was not something I listened to specifically. They (the genre) collectively had a germane, all be it disconcerting, story to tell.

Thankfully my kids were not drawn to that musical genre on a deep level. The grandkids seem to listen/play it more.

I enjoy all music (well maybe not opera). I own a helluva lot of vinyl and each generation has their preferred musical platform. I surprise my grandkids from time-to-time.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

In the realm of beers, I most dislike IPA's. I most like sour beers and East Asian beers. I do like dark beers.

Raw oysters are good just as they are, nothing needed. That's true for all shellfish generally.

I'm not a big bread fan. I could leave it entirely if not for the social repercussions when someone notices. And I won't lie and say I am gluten intolerant or have celiac disease or something. I just don't particularly care for bread.

I could eat artichokes until full. I can eat them right out of a can. Same with any kind of olive.

Mozzarella has virtually no flavor and a dish is usually better if it is substituted out with a sharper cheese. Waste of time. A half-measure.

Three Musketeers over Snickers. Mounds over Almond Joys. Dark chocolate over all.

Sardines, bones and all. Tuna is not very appealing and is a half-measure.

And always eat dishes one at a time. Not a bite of this and a few bites of that.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’d be willing to exchange 1 incarcerated violent criminal for IP

NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

We were friends at college with a UT football player (injury ended his career) and his wife.

Went to their apt for dinner. Bowls were passed around (family style) to help your plate. The guy would take a bowl, help his plate and eat the one item before the next bowl got to him.

I ask him, "WTF?". He said he only ate one thing at a time. I shook my head and said, "Cool.".

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

God knew IP wouldn’t believe in him he got the worst taste buds possible.

justingroves likes this.
  16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Beer sucks. All of it.

Agreed on oysters.

I'd rather die than give up bread.

Don't like artichokes.

Somewhat agree on mozzarella. It is extremely bland without seasoning, but definitely has a place in some dishes.

All of the candy bars you mentioned suck. 100% agree on dark chocolate.

I eat meals one dish/item at a time, too. My wife says I'm autistic.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've never heard the term "help your/his plate".

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

IPA is an acquired taste and some people never acquire it, though I do find those people like NE versions better that west coast versions. Sours are great. Lotta folks like neither.

Agreed on oysters. I am admittedly far from an expert on them but if eating a common variety a little horsey and cocktail is okay. Something a little more high end or with more flavor, nothing at all. Always try to sit by the shucker to pick his or her brain before ordering, if I can. For cooked, give them to me fried or chargrilled, and the latter only in LA.

I don’t eat a lot of bread either, but will absolutely house it from certain places. The butter a joint serves it with goes a long way too.

I like artichokes but hard pass on all things olives.

Mozzarella just depends on who makes it, but I would say I agree to an extent. Fresh made, legit mozzarella is life but mozzarella from the bag is better than no mozzarella.

Dark chocolate is phenomenal and probably my favorite. I don’t really care for a high percentage of cocoa though, usually 70ish is good by me. Chocolate from Europe is better than anything we have. American Milk chocolate is better than nothing but meh.

My grandfather ate sardines like that. I tried it once. Once. Some good, fresh tuna in sushi is great. I’m passing on it most anywhere else. So many better options.

I don’t care about mixing bites but I’d rather not have it touch on my plate.

19. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

It was used interchangeably with "fix your plate". I never questioned if there was a reason why the difference or the origination.

I heard it all my life from family members.

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I used to like IPAs until it turned into how many hops can we stuff into this bottle, taste be damned.

HCKevinSteele likes this.