1 loss Bama vs 1 loss Oregon - Who should get the shot?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Nov 13, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Assuming LSU, Bama, and Oregon win out and Oklahoma beats Oklahoma State. Distinct possibility.

Either game would be a rematch. IMO, Bama is the better team but Oregon would be a conference winner. Given the system, I say it's got to be LSU/Oregon.

What say ye?

(And this isn't even considering the scenario of what would happen if Arkansas upset LSU...........)

2. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Agree with your logic. I'd say conference title is the tiebreaker here. Even though their Pac-12 South opponent will be either an Arizona St team that just lost to UCLA and Wash St or UCLA who lost 31-6 to Utah last night.

3. I don't see that Oregon is going to jump Bama in the BCS standings.

I'm hoping OK St. wins out so we won't have to listen to any whiny bullshit.

Even though the Bammers and Oregon will still be screaming they belong there instead of LSU or OK St.

4. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

An oky st loss to oklahoma and lsu loss to arky would make things very, very interesting.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The Big 12 winner.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sidenote, if Bama got the rematch and lost a second time, they would still claim an NC.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Oklahoma beats Okie State, they'll get in to avoid a rematch.

Win your conference to get a shot at the NC. Bama probably is the 2nd best team in the country though.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If Arky beats LSU, Bama goes to the SEC championship, because it is likely that Bama would be higher ranked in standings than LSU and Arkansas... which is part of the tie breaker.

I agree with justin. If OU beats Okie State, OU goes to the MNC.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I expect Okie State to shock it's state.