#1 Receiver in 2011

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Aug 5, 2011.

Tags:
  1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This WR group is big play or bust right now.

I really hope Rogers can find holes in zone coverage and just settle in.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i didn't watch many of your games last year, but rodgers was the one who really stood out.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

he's just a big bastard with ridiculous athletic ability. Hunter will do great things and make a lot of acrobatic plays, but a good DB can physical him out of plays. The DB that tries to body up Da'rick is going to get his ass handed to him.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Da'Rick can be another TO if he wants to be.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I hope he flips the switch this season. If he does, shit will get real in a hurry.

6. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I think D Rogers has learned the routes and as BPV said, he'll give DBs fits that try to play him close. Hunter is going to keep safeties on guard every play that the corner doesn't get burned. That's going to open up some spots for the RBs and the TEs. I was out of the loop until about two weeks ago, so does Rivera still look like the starter or have Downs or Clear shown something at camp to take the job? Having teams worry about Hunter and DaRick should give Z Rogers some good looks as the #3 guy. It ultimately falls on Bray being able to check off receivers and find the open man. With all our receiving options, he should be able to find someone open imo, iyam, jmo, tifwiw