11-Year Old Benched for Scoring Too Many TD's

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tenacious D, Oct 3, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Thankfully, we've progressed to the point where those other 21 players don't have to suffer because of this other kid's talent.

Disgraceful that it took them so long to invoke the rule in the first place.

[video=youtube;C9a_-UKYdNs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9a_-UKYdNs&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Raising a generation of whiney [itch bay]es who couldnt fight their way out of a wet paperbag.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If they'd had these kind of rules in place when I was in high school, maybe I could have made the cheerleading squad. Sigh...

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Trickling down though our politics. Everybody gets a trophy.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The real takeaway from this story: What the heck happened to Madre Hill?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have conflicting thoughts on this. On one hand, you can't punish a 6th grader for being good. It isn't like he is way bigger than everyone or more developed. He's just fast and shifty.

On the other hand, it would suck to never get a chance to learn the game because you just watch your buddy ice skate all around the field, or worse yet, your opponent. I mean, this is 5th and 6th grade. Pee wee ball.

Isn't there a simple common-sense solution, like take the kid out for the second half each game? Let him score his 7 TD's and put the game away, then let his team mates try and hold on for the win.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my pee wee league forced you to play every player every game. of course this was in california and we kind of invented this [ussy pay] stuff.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The solution is simple. Tackle him or get your ass kicked. Let the kid run wild.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

But when you're up 49-7, why not take him out?

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was joking. If the coach was smart, he wouldn't let him get hurt in a blowout. Common sense should dictate this, not the rule book.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I like this. Coach em up or get out.

Kiddin aside, Im not big on penalizing a kid for being good.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

When I played Pop Warner we had weight classifications for positions. I think a running back couldn't be over 120 pounds. It made sense given the tremendous disparities between weights and sizes for 9-12 year olds, otherwise the games would have been more lopsided than they sometimes already were.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's a bullshit rule. Why punish a kid that is just better than the other kids, if he meets the leagues age rules and weight?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Everybody had to get at least one snap in mine. There was also a weight limit for running backs, but it was only for 12 year olds.

16. The Last Vol

The Last Vol New Member

At a certain point, you have to consider dividing up the white little boys and the black little boys to let kids get a chance to learn to play the game right without other pressures or factors.

17. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

This sounds familiar, like it may have already been tried.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

So now we've established that you're racist and stupid. If you're a pedophile, you've hit the trailer park trifecta. Hope you aren't Sabanocchio.

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Ole Miss fans agree with you and think that principle should be applied through college.

20. MacReady

MacReady New Member

alright white boys lets start punting practice