14/15 college basketball catch all thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Nov 13, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

They're bigger than an NBA team.

2. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

We'll lose a couple

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

guard oriented teams with quickness are going to be tough on UK.

The beating style game they got to play last night helps them immensely. The two starting bigs each fouled out in the first half with almost no whistles.

The Harrison twins simply aren't made to guard PGs. KUs guards could get in the paint, but nobody could capitalize by making shots. Good shooting teams with a quick PG are going to be tough on UK.

I don't say those teams can beat UK, but it won't be a walkover every night. They have matchup issues like everyone else. I happen to like their matchup problems better than everyone else's too.

Admittedly, I'm a Duke fan, but they are the type of team that can make like tough on this UK squad. Last year's UConn team would have been a nightmare for these guys.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If that's their only weakness I don't really see it but even if it does exist I don't think it's going to hinder their titles chances at all.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

They have the best team, but still an issue.

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

If it becomes a real problem, they just put Ulis in the game. There's not a point in the country who is going to consistently beat him off the dribble.

7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

How in the hell is Len Elmore still on television?

8. Volsfan31

Volsfan31 Member

Cal up 11 on Syracuse in the 2nd half.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Cuonzo baby!

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You will lose to cal poly tech.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I like Zo. I hope he does well out there. But he will tease and tantalize you, and in the end you won't get what you need

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Nice win for the Hoosiers tonight. Blackmon is a really good ball player.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Let me enjoy something for once

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sorry, no can do.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Are you new here? We don't enjoy anything.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Wow big win for Cal. 14 point win doesn't happen by accident

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

that might be true, but the Harrisons are sorry defenders. Guys go by them like they aren't even trying. Whether it's from the point or a wing, does it matter when guys are running free toward the hole?

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

You can scheme wing penetration. Hard to do much when a guy is beating you from the middle of the floor.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

KY covers it up well because defending the bucket is easy for them. Going to take a good shooting team with a good shooting night to win and it still might not help. They are very athletic in the paint, but less so outside of there.

if teams could still make 15 footers off the dribble, I'd see them taking advantage of the Harrisons. Alas, teams shoot 3s and dunk now.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

So, Rhode Island seems decent