15/16 Vols Basketball Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by lylsmorr, Dec 16, 2015.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Tired of making individual threads.

Started off hot against FAU, have looked bad the past two minutes. Thankfully, it's only FAU and UT is still up 9.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Don't know who that white dude playing for us was, but I shall heretofore refer to him as Brigham Young

3. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I'll take a random guy in the crowd over Phillips right now.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Horrible atmosphere tonight. Horrible opponent.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Most of the students are gone, too

6. JohnnyQuickkick

I'm usually there but couldn't tonight. Those dudes were apparently on their 4th game in 6 days.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I had no idea there was a game last night. It appears UT basketball has completely fallen off my radar.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

New game plan:

Cover the big ****ing white guy that can shoot

9. JohnnyQuickkick

you couldn't find very many worse matchups for us than this one. it actually could be worse if that other big guy was healthy. we aren't playing too well either

10. JohnnyQuickkick

well we balled out in the second half. just not enough

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Can't believe I stayed up for this.

Actually I can.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Had a spell of really poor shot selection in the first and second halves, it might have been the difference

13. Volsfan31

Volsfan31 Member

Well, we beat ETSU by 9 tonight.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

I've seen several games against ETSU in there and none of them have ever been easy, it seems like.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

About 5 mins to go last night and we were down 2 or 4, and looked at the scoring table sign and we were shooting 35%. I remember being a bit shocked it was even that high. Our offense is dreadful looking at times.

And when etsu went on their run to go ahead, was one play were their guard drove right down the center of the key and all five, I mean all FIVE, defenders collapsed on him. He kicked it out to a guy on the baseline for a three where he had no one within 20 feet of him. Shook my head.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

The offense looks better than what we've seen in awhile around here, lack of post presence aside. Just didn't shoot well, plus Punter being in foul trouble and not having his usual night

17. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Tennessee escaped a near loss today. Dana Ford is doing good things at Tennessee State.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

So what's the consensus on the season so far? Is there just not much to work with on the roster, or are we underachieving? Or a combination?

I don't know what a fair expectation is at this point in time.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

overmatched inside every single night. on a good day they're dangerous, on a bad day they can lose to anybody. an NIT bid is the goal.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'd like to have had an upset win, bit I'm equally as surprised ga tech is their worst loss.