'16 GA DT Derrick Brown

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by zero-sum, Feb 23, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Richt doesn't punch players.

UGA has a country club vibe to it. They are treated like kings on campus and Richt has went an entire fall camp without full contact.

Remember the stories about Texas under Mack Brown, where the players were pampered beyond belief? UGA has that going on

2. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

I'm not going to rat you out but I know where you got this. LOL

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Volquest? That would be a negative.

It's people that actually know what is going on. The loss to Florida killed a lot of Tennessee's recruiting pitches.

4. Tmac61

To be fair, Lyle has set the recruiting bar pretty high and this class won't be as good as the last two but it will be a really good class. I posted a mock class the other day that really had no huge reaches. I think we'll be just fine as long as we don't implode.

5. Tmac61

Nope not Volquest...

6. Tmac61

So then did the UGA win open doors? It seemed to help big time with Davis, Warrior, Hardman and Brown along with several 2017 guys.

7. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

"So, to increase the sound by 10 dB, you have to multiply the input sound pressure by a factor of 10, in other words, 40 dB is 100 times louder than 20 dB, not just twice as loud."

So the jump from 115 to 140ish is just dumb.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It helped with the Georgia kids, but Alabama whips Tennessee's ass, it slows down again.

I know a few staffs are pointing out how bad and nonsensical some of the coaching is to recruits. It's easy to hide when you're out manned, but it's getting to be obvious.

Butch is a hell of a salesman, but I don't know how invested he is in selling right now, either. I don't expect a complete come apart, but his "vision of the future" he sells isn't working like it was previously.

9. Tmac61

Fair enough. But how do you explain landing 4 elite QB's in 3 straight classes with no true QB coach? How do you explain total domination of the midstate? How do you explain kids like Carlin Fils-Aime and Marquill Osbourne who can go anywhere they like but chose UT? It may be smoke and mirrors but Lyle seems to be the master of the trade.

p.s. There is growing optimism on Davis and Hardman from the VQ mods. May not mean much but good to hear.

10. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

He really only dominated midstate 1 year. Alabama, UGA, LSU and OM are getting their fair share of TN players.

11. Tmac61

'14 '15

I know it sounds like I am defending Lyle but if you read some of my posts on the football board you will know I am not a fan.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think you are coming across as defending Lyle.

13. Tmac61

Absurd and unequivocally false statement.

14. Tmac61

Thank you

15. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

I'll take prepare your anus for 200, Alex.

Who is Rico McGraw?
    Who is Jackson Harris?
    Who is Frank Herron?
    Who is Van Jefferson?
    Who is Alex Givens?
    Who is Joshua Mcmillon?
    Who is Cam Ordoway?
    Who is Bryce Matthews?
    Who is Gabe Angel?
    Who is Jacoby Stevens?
    Who is the 2013 Tennessee class?
    Who is several more to be added to the list from 2016/2017?

Then others like Ugo Amadi, Josh Smith/E. Smith, Alex Bars, Dillon Mitchell, Donte Vaughn, etc.

Those are quite a few great talents that without a doubt would be making big impacts so, yes, those teams have gotten their fair share out of TN.

And yes I'm aware Butch didn't have much time to save the 2013 class. I think he dominated 2014 in TN, not so much 2015. Still did very good just wouldn't say he dominated it when you consider the fact we don't have an Auburn or Clemson or FSU to recruit against instate.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  16. Tmac61

Nice try...But we're talking mid state recruiting. Let's narrow it down to Lyle's two full recruiting classes since that is who we are discussing. BTW several guys you mention were not takes for UT...

UT-('14 '15)-Barnett, Gaulden, Hurd, Malone, Robertson, Sawyers, Wharton, Jennings, Jones, Lovingood, Martin, Oliver, Phillips.
    LSU-zelch
    Ala-nay
    UGA-Harris, Mcgraw
    OM-Givens, Jefferson Ordway.

I'd argue the only two real misses are McGraw and Jefferson.

Who is pwned?

17. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

Nice try but if you read my first post again - when I said Alabama, LSU, OM and UGA have gotten their fair share of players I said TN players, not midstate players. That was a completely different point I was debating.

Now who's double pwned?

18. Tmac61

triple pwned...

Actually I think both of our statements stand true. "Lyle has owned the midstate since becoming head coach" is certainly true, as is "other programs have gotten good TN players."

Call it a tie.

19. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Meh I'd be more worried about MSU if he was a Mississppi kid

20. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

I think he owned it in '14. Did very well in '15 but not dominated (this result should be at the bare minimum for what we should do instead year in and year out since we are basically like LSU - the only big dog in our state). '16 could be fairly disappointing midstate depending on how a few players swing and same for '17.